Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO Charging Station issue Model MVA5400C

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
tarringtonsafe
Aspirant
Aspirant

when I put two of my backup batteries into the charger they start off with a solid amber light.  After 2 min 20 seconds the first battery charging indicator begins to blink at a rate of 1.5 seconds and is displaying a yellow/green light.  After about 5 additional minutes the second battery charging indicator begins to blink like the first.  They both continue to blink at this rate and with the yellow/green light.

Are the batteries bad or is this a charger issue?

I also find it interesting that this model number charger purchased from ARLO is lot listed in the community.

Thanks,

Rich

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What happens if you only use one battery? If the same thing, it's got to be a bad charger. Swap at the store or use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

tarringtonsafe
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have two batteries that show green when put back in the charger. I also have the two batteries that blink as indicated in the issue. Thus why I asked if you folks thought it might be two bad batteries.
A single of the blinking batteries does the same thing.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Ah, that does seem to make a difference. I would agree that it may be bad batteries. First, however, try the procedure for reviving totally dead batteries in the FAQ found in the support section here. Basically, it involves inserting the batteries multiple times to get enough charge in them to allow a full charge to occur.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation