Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Did not get a price until we put credit card information. Did not receive invoice.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Veek80
Follower
Follower

So first off, shame on us for not doing our research.  Bought the Pro 3 thinking it is the latest and best.  Come to find out Arlo chargers a subscription fee after your introductory 3 months.  This is just enough time that you can no longer return if you actually want to use your new $600 investment.  My neighbour who has the Pro 2, no subscription fee... Interesting.  Back to our current dilemma.  We finally broke down on black friday to purchase the Arlo "deal" and I use that term loosely, for a service agreement to use our cameras.  The terms were not very clear.  We did not get a price until we put in CC information.  We did not get a copy of a invoice.  We did not get any information of the terms and condition.  Multiple chats with customer service since have led to contradicting information with the terms of the service agreement.  The reply time of customer service to our questions take approximately 1 week.  Unacceptable.  This is a pretty clear indicator to me they are overwhelmed with dissatisfied customers as ourselves.  Oh and you have to cancel your subscription if you would like to shut off their auto renewal program.  Should have bought Eufy...

5 REPLIES 5
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Veek80,

Let me reach out to you via private message in regards to your experience with your Arlo Pro 3 and Arlo Smart.

Ryedogee
Initiate
Initiate

Same complaint. After the 3 months, the functionality of my system went down. These systems are a huge investment, but now Arlo wants $10 per month to regain the lost features at 2k resolution, and $15 per month to get the original 4k resolution. I bought my units from Costco. I'm taking them back and then getting a system that gives me the functionality that I feel I paid for...

SoConfused
Aspirant
Aspirant
I couldn’t agree more, at first customer service was very receptive. One of our cameras apparently isn’t activated with a trial. Hence it won’t record. Letting us hang since we wanted to return since no one can rectify this. No more communication. I will be getting a Return approved since we aren’t getting what we paid for.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SoConfused,

When first setting up a new Arlo kit, you should receive a 3-month trial for Arlo Smart automatically upon installation of each camera. Do you have a support ticket number I can reference and escalate?

JamesC

SoConfused
Aspirant
Aspirant
We have tried and tried supposedly escalated to the engineering department. Never heard back until I put in to return today. Then finally got a response that engineering team was still looking into it! Appalling customer service!
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation