Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to rename or reorder shared cameras (Pro / Pro3)

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
calbug
Aspirant
Aspirant

TL;DR : I'm unable to rename or reorder cameras shared with me that I used to own

So I upgraded my Pro setup to Pro 3 and gifted the Pro cameras and base to a friend. Before doing this, I removed the cameras and base from the iOS app.

For a short while, when logging in to the app, the "old" base showed up briefly before disappearing, which was just a mild annoyance, but no big deal. It stopped doing that after a week or so.

My friend then shared the pro's with me after capturing a potential break-in attempt. Sharing works fine, however I now get the following behaviour;

1. On the Devices screen, the cameras are named as I had them originally in my setup
  2. In Shared Devices menu, I can rename the cameras however the name jumps back to the original naming I had them (as per point 1)
  3. In Library, the recordings from those cameras are labelled to what I named them in point 2 (even though the name does not change in the Devices, or Shared Devices menu)
  4. Notifications on my phone show the camera names that the friend has selected

Its a weird setup I appreciate, but its driving me nuts especially as I have cameras named the same. I'm guessing the service is picking up the device IDs and recognising them as "my" devices.

Any clues?

1 REPLY 1
calbug
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update: I removed the cameras from the iOS app, and asked for a re-share.

The cameras are now named as they have named them, and are below my devices in the app which is cool, but I still can't rename them on the shared devices menu

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation