Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can I create a rule that disables the spotlight on the pro3 cameras

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
pent
Guide
Guide

I'd like to have a way to disable the spotlight on my pro3 cameras. Is there a way to do this via a rule? I'd like to have a "spotlight on" rule and a "spotlight off" rule.

If I can't do that - is there at least a way to manually stop the spotlight?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

pent,

You can create custom modes to accomplish what you are describing.

Log in to your Arlo account and navigate to Mode > select your Arlo Floodlight (or Base Station/SmartHub if it's synced that way) > Add a Mode > follow the on screen prompts selecting the desired behaviors. This will allow you to create a mode that says when motion is detected, turn the floodlight on and a second mode that says when motion is detected just record video (do not select turn floodlight on). You can then select these modes as desired.

JamesC

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

pent,

You can create custom modes to accomplish what you are describing.

Log in to your Arlo account and navigate to Mode > select your Arlo Floodlight (or Base Station/SmartHub if it's synced that way) > Add a Mode > follow the on screen prompts selecting the desired behaviors. This will allow you to create a mode that says when motion is detected, turn the floodlight on and a second mode that says when motion is detected just record video (do not select turn floodlight on). You can then select these modes as desired.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation