Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo app cant connect to Arlo pro 3 hub

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
TroyNiles
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo Pro 3 hub will not connect via the Arlo app. It searches for the hub but it doesn’t find it. I’ve done everything suggested but still won’t connect. What now? I had an older version of Arlo before with my same modem and never had this issue. What can I do to get Arlo to work as advertised?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Goosefudge wrote:

I have the same issue, now on my second base station having returned the first one and I still have this problem.

Base station shows as a connected device when i log into my router admin, but i cant connect / discover it from the app, and has the persistent flashing amber LED.  ( tried different network cables, base station powerdown and resets.

Since it is showing up on the router, we can rule out any ethernet problem.

• Do you have any parental controls set up on the router?  If you do, try disabling that.
  • Maybe also try changing the DNS setting in the router to 8.8.8.8 (Google DNS) or 1.1.1.1 (Cloudflare)
  • If you use DoT for DNS, try changing that back to ordinary DNS (If you don't understand this, then it doesn't apply to you).

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you due a hard reset of the base ( hold in reset for ten secs till led flashes ) then attempt

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
TroyNiles
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have not tried that TomMac - Thank you I will do that when I get home from work.

TroyNiles
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still doesn’t work. What now? Why isn’t it plug and play - easy to setup? I’m going to return this and get my money back at this point.
Goosefudge
Guide
Guide

I have the same issue, now on my second base station having returned the first one and I still have this problem.

Base station shows as a connected device when i log into my router admin, but i cant connect / discover it from the app, and has the persistent flashing amber LED.  ( tried different network cables, base station powerdown and resets.

Very frustrating.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Goosefudge wrote:

Since it is showing up on the router, we can rule out any ethernet problem.

• Do you have any parental controls set up on the router?  If you do, try disabling that.
  • Maybe also try changing the DNS setting in the router to 8.8.8.8 (Google DNS) or 1.1.1.1 (Cloudflare)
  • If you use DoT for DNS, try changing that back to ordinary DNS (If you don't understand this, then it doesn't apply to you).

Goosefudge
Guide
Guide

Hi StephenB

No parental controls, and ordinary DNS in use. 

From other threads, there is a consensus that there is a firmware issue impacting Arlo Pro2/Pro3 for anyone in Singapore using Starhub ISP.  This fits my profile.

Thanks for the advice though.

TroyNiles
Aspirant
Aspirant

It worked! - I had to go in and disable 1.1.1.1 cloudfare app in order to be able to connect my base  station/ hub.

I disabled it for the hour while I set up the hub and cameras and everything works great now - PHEW!

I was getting really annoyed 

Thanks for the support!

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation