Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

android app skips the first 4 seconds of playing 2K-videos (Pro 3)

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
B22P
Aspirant
Aspirant

When playing the recorded videos with my Android app,  the first 4 or 5 seconds of the clip are being skipped, so the counter starts at 0:00, then jumps to 0:04 of 0:05 or 0:06. This happens only with recordings from my (new) Pro 3 camera, not with the Pro 2 cameras, and not when I view the same clip with the Edge-browser. So it's not the clip, but the app, I guess.

In my opinion the problem started since I've changed my old Smart-subscription into the new 'Smart Premier Multi Camera'. 

I have 3 Pro 2 cameras and 1 Pro 3 camera with a VMB4000 base station.

The Android app (2.16.1_27099) works with Android 10 (Oxygen 10.3.2).

What can I do to solve the  problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If it plays properly anywhere it's not a video/system/subscription issue. Since it only happens on your app, I would start by rebooting the phone and reinstalling the app. You seem to have a OnePlus phone so it could actually be an issue with the specific phone/OS. In that case, raise the issue with support by using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If it plays properly anywhere it's not a video/system/subscription issue. Since it only happens on your app, I would start by rebooting the phone and reinstalling the app. You seem to have a OnePlus phone so it could actually be an issue with the specific phone/OS. In that case, raise the issue with support by using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

B22P
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. I disconnected the Pro 3 camera, restarted the phone, restarted the base station, reïnstalled the app, made a new connection to the camera and the problem was solved! And it seems to me that even the activity zones are working better than before

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation