Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro3 2K QHD - Arlo app on iPhone 11PRO hang for 40+ minutes at 'Getting information' msg

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
vabdilov
Guide
Guide

Just recently bought Arlo Pro3 2K QHD set with 3 cameras from Costco in July 2020.

Arlo app on my iPhone 11PRO hang for 40+ minutes referencing to the 'Getting information' msg every time I try to connect to my Arlo application on iPhone.

My phone is iPhone 11PRO. The Arlo app on it is version 2.18.1 (619).

My WiFi is coming from Orbit, Router Firmware Version V2.5.1.16; Current speed on my iPhone: download - 77 Mbps; Upload - 6.0 Mbps;

I have shot down my phone, and brought it back for a few times, but the problem is still reproducible.

It blocks me from Arming/Disarming the Arlo system.

Any ideas/workaround how to fix it, please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
vabdilov
Guide
Guide

Hi James,

Yes, it happen both when using mobile data and our WiFi connection. Somehow, it stopped working on iPhone around the end of June, 2020

The good news is - just yesterday the Arlo app on my iPhone started to work normally without any workarounds on my side. No idea what kind of magic happened, but it does work normally now.

Hope, there were some "nice" kicks from Arlo developers? 😇

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

vabdilov,

Do you see this same behavior if you log in to the web client and try to change modes? Does this only happen on the mobile app?

JamesC

vabdilov
Guide
Guide

This problem is reproducible only on Arlo mobile application on my iPhone.

If I do the same on my PC's web browser, like this -  https://my.arlo.com/#/modes/A0820479A1A3F, then it works fine.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

vabdilov,

Does it happen both when using mobile data and your WiFi connection?

JamesC

vabdilov
Guide
Guide

Hi James,

Yes, it happen both when using mobile data and our WiFi connection. Somehow, it stopped working on iPhone around the end of June, 2020

The good news is - just yesterday the Arlo app on my iPhone started to work normally without any workarounds on my side. No idea what kind of magic happened, but it does work normally now.

Hope, there were some "nice" kicks from Arlo developers? 😇

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation