Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 Solar Panel

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Machine1971
Tutor
Tutor

I bought 6 units of arlo 3 pro with the soar panel for my house ,  so far I am not very happy and disappointed with the battery life and the solar panel.   The camera works fine in the first week, after then, after of the camera doesn't work because of low battery ,  as the solar panel charge the battery very slow,  the battery basically only at the 40-50% level,  if there is a rainy day, then night time definitely  will be out.   I called in customers service and had one unit replace after one month of back and fore,  then the other camera starting to fail as well, I install the camera like 8 ft high on the outside wall, because it is easy to be taken to stolen if I install them too low, so every time I have to borrow long ladder to take the battery down to charge, is just a pain to have it.  

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

About how much video recording per day (minutes per day) are you doing for each camera?

If you have activity zones set, you'll need to remove them for a day or so to estimate this.

Machine1971
Tutor
Tutor

each day is like a thousand video between the 6 camera, i turn off the audio , but is still recording when wind blowing , I didn't t set up activation zone, also the sensor already put to medium sensitive  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like you haven't changed the settings in your modes and rules. That's where all settings for how the camera detects and records are found. You likely are using the default Armed mode so you can (mostly) customize that or you can create a new custom mode with all the exact settings you want/need. Turn off audio detection if not needed or turn down the sensitivity. Same with motion detection. If you need, read the FAQs in the support section here on all of this.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation