Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 Siren only on Camera?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
lma413
Follower
Follower

I can't seem to find the answer to my question regarding the Arlo Pro 3 cameras siren. Does the Arlo Pro 3 siren only sound on the camera or can it sound on the base station or a phone? 

2 REPLIES 2
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

The Pro 3 siren is on the camera.

But you can also get it to send alerts to a phone.

Some older hubs also have a siren, such as the original Pro 2 hub, but not the one that is bundled with the Pro 3 system.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
vabdilov
Guide
Guide

I bought the Arlo 3 'VMB4540r2' set in July, 2020.  In my experience, it was a very bad idea to move a siren from the SmartHub (as it worked well on the previous models) to a camera only.

A few things to consider:

1. When for any reasons a siren start sounding, it disclosures it's location, and thieves can destroy the camera right away, or in advance coming next time well aware of the camera's location
  2. Sound level of the alarm on a camera is not loud at all, in reality - really weak
  3. While I'm sleeping, I do not check any notifications. Accordingly, if a camera is sounding really weak and is located outside of my bedroom, I cannot hear the alarm, and this sort of new Arlo 3 "security enhancement" will bring criminals into my bedroom undetected

I'm looking for any solutions to make a siren louder and bring the siren back to SmartHub, or transfer a siren's sound from camera to any sounding device.  I'm contacting Customer Support as well.

------------------------------------

Meanwhile, G-d forbid, if criminals would robber my house undetected because of such Arlo's new "enhanced security"...

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation