Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Outdoor Camera states disconnected from Power but on Solar Power and not recording

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
AcaciaMac
Follower
Follower

I installed the system, one outdoor camera on Solar Power.  The panel is charging the camera correctly, however it is constantly stating AC Power has been disconnected and recording is disabled.  At Night it will not record or track movement.  

I have already removed and reinstalled the battery and I have done all the troubleshooting tips but unable to get recording on that camera.  

I do love these cameras and the system but it is not worth it if it does not do what it is supposed to.  About to cancel subscription and get rid of it all.  This is only 1 week OLD!  

1 REPLY 1
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@AcaciaMac wrote:

I installed the system, one outdoor camera on Solar Power.  The panel is charging the camera correctly, however it is constantly stating AC Power has been disconnected and recording is disabled.

That's right. Solar panels charges the battery they do not provide permanent power.

As it says in the manual:

"Connecting your camera to the Arlo Solar Panel (sold separately) to charge the battery doesn’t provide AC power."

Maybe Arlo needs to make that clearer.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation