Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Active Zone

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
KBoxer
Follower
Follower

Purchased 3-camera ARLO PRO3 for battery capabilities to cover my home and property.  While using the active-zone technology, my camera’s were lasting 50-60 days between charges.  Post trial subscription, I learned that the camera’s need to be connected to power source or have subscription in order to utilize the active-zone feature and 2 trafficked area cameras are now nearly lasting 30 days.  Why can’t the system support active zone without a subscription on a battery???  With a 90 day subscription trial, I am now stuck with these.

2 REPLIES 2
dcfox1
Master
Master

If not on AC power Activity Zones are determined on the Arlo server to disregard those recordings so you won't see them. If on AC the camera does do it as it would drain the battery if just on battery. So you need a subscription without a AC. outside the  Activity zone records either way to determine if it is in or out of the zone. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Just want to add that the cloud activity zones don't help battery life, as they don't reduce the amount of video being streamed from the cameras.  All they do is supress recordings (and notifications).

While I don't doubt that battery life has dropped, there are other possibilities.  One is simply the outdoor temps - the batteries won't last as long when it's cold outdoors.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation