Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Domains/IP to Whitelist for Arlo 3

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
amoeller
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently purchased an Arlo 3 Pro kit under the model of VMS4240P found https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X36VWCT?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

I have a firewall at my location that I have a number of geo-ip blocking policies enabled. Basically I have blocked in and outbound every country except the United States. There are a few services I use in Europe and I have been able to whitelist them without issue.

After installing the Arlo 3 base station, I had to whitelist about 61 domains as they are all Amazon Web Services (AWS) addresses from Europe. For example ec2-34-246-70-115.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com is one domain Arlo reached out to. Even with whitelisting all these domains, the cameras would work for a few minutes then go offline. Currently the only way I know that has worked for bringing these cameras back online is to re-pair them just for them to disconnect a few minutes later. Rebooting the controller and/or cameras does nothing to solve the issue and the cameras are in the next room to the base station.

My question is can I get a complete list of all domains or IP addresses that Arlo needs to function so I can whitelist them? I know that many people in IT and Cyber Security will recommend to not block the world however I constantly see malicious domains hit my firewall from all over the planet so allowing all of Europe is something I won’t do.

I have heard good things about Arlo cameras and I want to use them however if I can’t get this issue solved, I will be returning my camera set and going with a competitor.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
amoeller
Aspirant
Aspirant

After whitelisting some more domains being used by Arlo, my cameras have actually been working great. No disconnections and things have been working without me having to do anything like re-pairing.

It is somewhat frustrating that I needed to whitelist 61 AWS domains but once that was done, thing have been working great.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
amoeller
Aspirant
Aspirant

After whitelisting some more domains being used by Arlo, my cameras have actually been working great. No disconnections and things have been working without me having to do anything like re-pairing.

It is somewhat frustrating that I needed to whitelist 61 AWS domains but once that was done, thing have been working great.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation