Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

This is a common occurrence on both my cameras.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
alaska45
Aspirant
Aspirant

So this is footage from 10 minutes ago from one of my cameras 

https://my.arlo.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/399DDA5312E0F68F_202201

This happens daily, if not hourly. The hub is within the suggested distance of said cameras and the cameras are the same from eachother. My rotuer and modem are in the center of my 3 bedroom apartment with only one interior wall and one exterior wall seperating them from the hub which is wired directing to my router. I'm running them on 2.5ghz and my channel selection is not set to auto. I've reset everything more than once, I've taken the batteries out, swapped the batteries, bought new charging cables, bought new housings, restarted my router, restarted my modem, flipped the breaker so that everything is reset at the same time and I'm still getting this kind of footage. Not only that, but I have to reset the hub daily, usually more than once a day due to the blinking amber light. This is absolutely ridiculous but also dangerous due to the reasoning I have the system set up in the first place. I ended up buying a cheap pair of laview cameras on amazon and those have worked out light years better than this and those were 70 bucks! 

If you guys have any other suggestions please, I beg that you speak up bc I'm about done with Arlo. 

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The link has expired - post another or host a video on an external site.

It sounds like you're having a connection issue with the camera(s) based on your text. Since you're in an apartment, there may be neighbor's WiFi or other wireless device(s) interfering with the signal. I do note you say the router is manually set to a channel - use a WiFi app on your phone to see whether there's a less used channel or use the auto-select feature to see if there's a difference. It may also be useful to move the hub away from the router to see if that helps.

alaska45
Aspirant
Aspirant
My basestation is in the room closest to the cameras and it's a solid 20_25 ft away from the router. I'll try the other suggestions to see if they works
alaska45
Aspirant
Aspirant
Also here's a new link https://imgur.com/a/1DKUw0e
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation