Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Wegentryjr1
Guide
Guide
Just noticed over night that two of my cameras now say they need AC power and that activity zones have been disabled?? Wtf? These are wireless cameras.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the Arlo mobile app is available form the app store that resolves this issue. Please make sure your Arlo mobile app is updated to the latest version available.

Arlo Android App - 2.21.2 - 19th October 2020 

If you're still experiencing this issue, please start a new thread here on the community and let us know the details.

Thank you,

JamesC

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Wegentryjr1 wrote:
Just noticed over night that two of my cameras now say they need AC power and that activity zones have been disabled?? Wtf? These are wireless cameras.

There are two types of activity zones with the Pro3.  Local activity zones require power.  Cloud activity zones don't require power, but do require a paid subscription.

Since this is a new message, you should check that your subscription hasn't expired, and that the camera is still listed as part of the subscription plan. 

dcfox1
Master
Master

If what he said doesn't work there seems to be a problem with an Android update with the problem for some in other threads lately. Not sure if you have android or not. 

Wegentryjr1
Guide
Guide
Ahh..ok, that’s probably it then. I probably don’t understand the reasoning behind that, but it sounds “odd” to me. Thanks for the helps though 🙂
debhoney
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just wanting to know if you got this issue fixed. I started with the same problem last night. Everything comes in fine on my pc and ipad. But I have this issue with my phone. Was online for over an hour with a tec but no help at all. Just said to wait it out. This is very irritating.  

Matrop
Tutor
Tutor
This seems odd. Intro subscription expired 2 minths ago. Using local storage. Issue started last week. Just resynced cameras and set activity zones while hardwired for power. Silly to require wireless and battery powered devices to require a.c. power to use activity zones on local? Doesnt that defeat the purpose of battery?
dcfox1
Master
Master

It is a bug with the lasted Android app update for some and Arlo is aware of it. It seems to be ok on IOS and  Web. 

Matrop
Tutor
Tutor
I just read that without a subscription that only generic motion derection is operable. Activity zone detection only works with subscription. I dont get why it says you need power. Why nit say your subscription has ended. Not very helpful messaging
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Matrop  In your case you may be getting that message as yes you do need subscription for Activity zone on Battery. If on AC you do not need a sub. 

The new bug is in the Android App if you updated it in the last couple of days. 

pami66
Aspirant
Aspirant

so how do i actually fix this problem. Is it with my phone or the sub station

pami66
Aspirant
Aspirant
auntchellebelle
Aspirant
Aspirant

My phone app updated last week and on Saturday I received this same error message. The motion still records and sends notifications but I can't view them live when I want. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo development team is investigating the reports from some users who are experiencing this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team has identified the issue and is working to release a fix that will be available through an app update very soon. I will provide more information once the new app version is available for download.

JamesC

Wegentryjr1
Guide
Guide
I just removed the activity zones to make the error stop (yes, I no longer have activity zones).
Wegentryjr1
Guide
Guide
Nope, I’m on IOS and still had/have it.
debhoney
Aspirant
Aspirant

I still havent found out how to fix it. The tec chat was no help at all. In fact he was rather rude.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the Arlo mobile app is available form the app store that resolves this issue. Please make sure your Arlo mobile app is updated to the latest version available.

Arlo Android App - 2.21.2 - 19th October 2020 

If you're still experiencing this issue, please start a new thread here on the community and let us know the details.

Thank you,

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation