Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 35 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation
mermelmadness
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two Arlo Pro 3 cameras and an Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight camera.

I can set up a 6-point activity zone on the Floodlight camera but the two Pro 3 cameras only give me 4-point activity zones.  How can I get 6-point activity zones on my Pro 3 cameras?

35 REPLIES 35
thesaint580
Guide
Guide

I am having the same issue. Added a Pro 3 recently and can just add a rectangle or square. Hoping this gets fixed. Thanks. 

Motty
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue for me, Pro 3 cameras, all brand new setup, only have four point anchor points. I also find I can create more than three zones so not working as documented.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Motty wrote:

I also find I can create more than three zones so not working as documented.

The documentation says up to 3 zones or can you make more then 3 zones per cam?  The 8 point per zone is a different problem that JamesC replied to earlier. 

Motty
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think all related. We have only 4 points not the 8 points documented. Plus we can create about eight zones where the documentation states only up to three. Seems the whole documentation Vs what we get is very different.

Snoris
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been speaking with Technical Support on the phone (useless because of the language barrier) and gotten nowhere, but the support people working the Chat center seem to know a little more about this.  The two or three who I've chatted with all acknowledge that the eight-point feature is supposed to work with the wireless system as well and that there IS a problem.  I told all of them that one of my cameras in particular needs the eight point box because that camera is going off every time a car goes by the house.  This drains the battery like crazy, and I told the chat reps that if the feature isn't restored, I'm going to insist on four free replacement camera batteries every year, because that camera's battery will be dead in two months.

K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

UPDATE  as of today 9-6-20 my eight point activity zones are working again. I had to install a new camera and when setting it up I saw that it was once again available. I then deleted my activity zones on my other cameras and reinstalled them and they also have the eight point activity zones.

K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Just to let everyone know that the 8 point activity zones are working again. (At least for me)

Delete your old zones and then create a new activity zone and it should be the 8 point zone.

dcfox1
Master
Master

Yea it works for me also after deleting. Not sure I personally like them for small areas but for those who do it works so good news. Thanks for the heads up. 

EvanEscent
Guide
Guide

Great! Grateful that Arlo fixed this. It is much better now.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A cloud fix was released that resolves this issue. Please recreate your activity zones and you will now be able to utilize 8 point activity zones on Arlo Pro 3.

JamesC

wswhite
Tutor
Tutor
Discussion stats
  • 35 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation