Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
kennabt
Tutor
Tutor
When my 3 month trial ends with my floodlight, my older camera will still have rolling 7 days cloud storage, but will my floodlight?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kennabt,

No. For recordings to be saved to the cloud, your Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight must have an active subscription to Arlo Smart.

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kennabt,

No. For recordings to be saved to the cloud, your Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight must have an active subscription to Arlo Smart.

JamesC

kennabt
Tutor
Tutor

So let me make sure that I understand correctly. My Floodlight Pro 3 will have less functionality than my old cameras unless I am forced into a subscription???

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kennabt,

Legacy Arlo cameras included 7 day cloud storage for recordings (you don't mention specifically which cameras you have, but the original wire-free, Pro, and Pro 2 cameras are all legacy devices).Unlike these cameras, Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight requires a subscription for recordings to be saved to the cloud. For more information on subscription plans, take a look here: What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud recording is available?

JamesC

kennabt
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the info... This thing is going back. I am not paying $250 and THEN being tied into a plan to actually use. STUPID!!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Well, it is explained that the plan is required after the trial. The idea that there's even a trial indicates that something is needed afterwards.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation