Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Push notifications stopped

Discussion stats
mikemikemikemik
Initiate
Initiate

My Arlo app has stopped sending push notifications to my iPhone. I have deleted and reinstalled the app, rebooted and applied lastest iOS, and made sure push notifications are enabled in the app settings and on each camera. The video indicator doesn't even show on the app icon. Only way I know something has triggered the camera is that I still get an email. Very frustrating and makes the cameras useless for real time monitoring. And yes, I have a valid subscription. Anyone else having these issues?

51 REPLIES 51
Nerome13
Tutor
Tutor

Removed access to the other user, and reassigned permissions.....still not receiving notifications.

And with a mail thief roaming my neighborhood, frequently, I guess it is time to cut bait and find a system I can rely on. 

Bnelsonr
Guide
Guide

I also deleted friend sharing & added them again. The push notifications are now working.  I thought maybe giving shared friends administration privilege might be the issue but it didn't make any difference. Now it's how long the push notification keeps working.

So the temporary solution seems to be to delete any sharing to friends & then add them back as friends. 

Now, do I go back and repurchase the 2 doorbells I returned 2 days ago? The Arlo specs are the best out there and they worked great for me except the notification. 

OK JamesC, get you team on it and please let us know the progress.

Bnelsonr
Guide
Guide

to Nerome13,

Did you reboot your phones after deleting friends and before adding them back? Just a suggestion.

Thats what I did & it worked for me. Hope you have success. 

DavidNYC
Initiate
Initiate

This has been the situation for at least two months for me. What is the deal? Why am I paying for your service if your app doesn't work and notify me? 

cdl110
Tutor
Tutor

I am not sharing with friends and it STILL isn't sending the notifications...so that's not the full extent of the problem.

It's not us....it's Arlo.

Bnelsonr
Guide
Guide

cdl110

A suggestion is to turn on and share with someone if you can. Then turn it off. Never know what might help.

Good Luck

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A recent Arlo cloud release (automatic update) should have addressed the push notification issue that many users have been experiencing. Please let us know if you're still experiencing an issue receiving push notifications.

JamesC

Nerome13
Tutor
Tutor

I did. gone through the process multiple times and nothing worked....
I did think I may have fixed it though. Will need to test later today because I took my cams down last night to re-add them. But, I realized that when I downloaded the app on my new tablet, I assumed that it should all work especially since you log in and what not, but it seems like I missed setting up my tablet as a trusted device. it might be coincidental but as soon as I was able to have the app identify my tablet as a trusted device (as expected, the app reported a problem 10+ times when I was trying to add my tablet as a trusted device) I received multiple notifications. 
So fingers crossed that it fixed, but also......Is there a way to receive notifications for 1 camera but not the other? While digging through the app, it seems like that feature went away. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nerome13 wrote:

Is there a way to receive notifications for 1 camera but not the other? While digging through the app, it seems like that feature went away. 

You can set up custom modes that do that.

You can also turn individual cameras on/off in the app - which will of course turn of recordings, not just notifications.

Nerome13
Tutor
Tutor

@StephenB  - 

Good to know. Will dig a little deeper. 
Unfortunately one of my cams faces a pretty busy street, so though I do not want notifications from it, I still need it to record. - but now that I am thinking about it, I definitely may need to reconsider its positioning. 

Thanks for the info

DavidNYC
Initiate
Initiate

I am still not receiving notifications. When I wrote that message I deleted the app and downloaded it again. I reset the floodlight. I have an iPhone 7 and the Pro 3 - so I'm not working with outdated software. What else can I do?

Nerome13
Tutor
Tutor

@DavidNYC 

(I just discovered this last night) But did you confirm your device as a trusted device? It might be purely coincidental but as soon as I authorized my tablet, I started getting notifications. Going to test it more today

Bnelsonr
Guide
Guide

JamesC please read............I have other posts in this thread.

I returned my 2 Arlo doorbells last week as my notifications quit working. Then I found out if you delete a shared friend & re share, some said it started working again. So I ordered 2 Arlo AVD1001 doorbells & set them up. Started a share again & I get notifications on my iPhone from the 2 doorbells & 1 Pro 4 camera. My wife (share) gets notifications only from the Pro 4 cam & the front doorbell, but not the side doorbell cam. So I delete things & reinstall & share again. Now she only gets notifications from the front doorbell. The side still doesn't work & now the Pro 4 cam quit sending notifications to her. I get notified from all 3 on my iPhone. I have doubled checked the settings on my phone for share settings & they are correct. She has all 3 cameras live & complete library. I'm at a loss as where to go from here. 

jfkell05
Tutor
Tutor
Pro3 still no notifications, videos not being saved to library. Yes I have an activity subscription
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jfkell05 wrote:
Pro3 still no notifications, videos not being saved to library. Yes I have an active subscription

Can you make a manual recording?

jfkell05
Tutor
Tutor
Yes, I can make a manual recording. Wired doorbell had to be reset yesterday, went offline. But it's working fine now. I removed the floodlight and added it back - no notifications, no library saves
cdl110
Tutor
Tutor
Push notifications still not working.
Sometimes nothing in library and the fact that we leave for work and my dogs are running around tells me that's not possible for nothing to be in library!
I pay for the subscription as well.
None of my items...I have doorbell and base station and cameras soooo ????
I turn off the notifications, I've deleted app and reinstalled. Ive restarted the base station. There are no app updates to be done so what now?!?!
Bnelsonr
Guide
Guide

Update.

I have played with a few settings in the settings so not sure what I did. This morning, all 3 of my devices are sending push notifications to both my iPhones. Yesterday, only some devices were pushing to some iPhones. Hopefully some of the updates that Arlo said they made to the cloud were the problem. I'll post again if any quit working.

ThatsDirty
Aspirant
Aspirant

And we're back to not having push notifications again.... such a shame..

jfkell05
Tutor
Tutor
Activity zones were deleted, I guess by Arlo. Adding zones to the doorbell returned notifications, but adding zones to Pro3 didn't return notifications.
JPJA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Found if you log into the device as the primary account holder first, then logout. Then login as the invited friend, notifications work. Not an ideal work-around though. I setup cameras today and am sharing with 2 friends. I did find if you only have 1 friend notifications work any more and they stop for the new friends. The above workaround appears to bring notifications online for them but is a bit of a security issue in my opinion.

Hope this helps.

Bnelsonr
Guide
Guide

I agree JPJA,

You shouldn't have to jump through those hoops to get it to work. And the for how long?

It's been 10 days and my push notifications are still working, sharing with 1 friend. But it is a worry they might stop. Without notifications, the system looses 75% of its worth.

Att Arlo,

You made a very good device so I know you can fix the software issue!

cdl110
Tutor
Tutor

I agree - this is getting a little silly.

I followed every suggestion....I even shared with a friend, deleted it, shared again, deleted it...etc, etc.

Notifications worked..then stopped...then worked...then stopped.

PLEASE fix this.  Will we see any refunds or credits to our accounts?

kshaver
Initiate
Initiate

Firmware  1.080.25.1_32_e230cb8

Hardware  FB1001AerH4

Arlo 3 Floodlight camera

I am experiencing the same issue for the last couple of months.  Your support is no help (Case # 42901156) and basically told me my camera was out of warranty (by a few weeks) and they couldn't help me, even though there is an extensive number of people having the same issue.  I sometimes do something when changing modes or restarting that will cause it to work for an hour or two but it always stops.  I do have a subscription.  I have been paying for two cameras for two months while only one is showing in the app. library.  It used to work beautifully for both cameras for like a year.  My small little Arlo camera sill works great and always shows recordings in app. I can see a manual recording for the Floodlight camera in my browser when I do a manual recording, but never on the app. and only when manual.  Just tried again to make sure and never got a notification in app. about manual recording. My flood light comes on any time there is motion, but recordings never show up.  More than ready to just trash my Arlo cameras and move on to another company. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the camera paired with a base, or is it connected to your home wifi?

If it is paired with a base, you could try adding local storage - then compare what's on the local storage with what is (and isn't) in the cloud library.  That might help sort out the problem.

Discussion stats