Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Floodlight audio delay

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
cammerz
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have an audio delay on my recorded footage and sometimes the night vision doesn’t work or the flood light doesn’t activate. I have to reset the camera for this to work. I’ve opened a support case but no longer getting replies, the customer support is the worst I’ve come across
6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

cammerz,

This could be the result of poor signal strength or WIFi interference? How far from your router is the floodlight? What does the signal strength icon show?

JamesC

cammerz
Aspirant
Aspirant
The router is about 10 feet away, the signal strength is 2 out of 3, I’ve tried manually changing the wifi channel and it didn’t help the issue
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

cammerz,

I'm assuming there is a wall or physical obstructions between the router and camera that could be causing the signal strength to degrade. Consider temporarily bringing the camera within a few feet of the router and test to see if the behavior is the same. This will help isolate the issue to the camera or the location.

JamesC

cammerz
Aspirant
Aspirant
There is a wall between the router and the camera because it’s an outdoor floodlight camera, it should be expected to work with a wall between the two surely? I can’t physically get them closer than the 6-10 feet that’s between them now.
This also doesn’t explain why the night vision and floodlight work temporarily and needs the camera to be restarted daily
cammerz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any update to this? I’ve just had to restart my camera again because night vision wasn’t working
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

cammerz,

If you're still experiencing the issue after the troubleshooting you've mentioned here, I encourage you to reach out to the Arlo support team to further investigate the issue: https://kb.arlo.com/000062610/Arlo-Support-Options

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation