Arlo Spotlight Essential VMC2030 connectivity issues

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Meefoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had this new camera set up for my front door for about 5 months now and it keeps losing connectivity. I have to take it down, do a factory reset and set it back up. I started naming based on reconnections and I'm on Front Door Camera try 5 at this point. 

I had an older Arlo camera set in the same location for about 2 years with no issues. I currently have another floodlight camera on the driveway with no issues. There is no issue with connectivity. Is there any fix for this? Kind of pointless to have a camera that goes offline while I'm out of town. 

Please don't tell me to reset it and reconnect it, that obviously isn't the issue and it won't fix it. I'm looking for something that isn't the equivalent of try unplugging it and plugging it back in. 

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap cameras around to see if it's the camera or location.

Meefoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an older camera on the other side oft the door that faces the other way, no issues. I also had the same model older camera in the new ones spot for about 2 years. In the same exact location, I even re-used the mount. The camera will randomly say "no connection" on the app and I have to remove it, reset it and then re-link it to the app. No issues with the older model though. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Meefoo wrote:

I have an older camera on the other side oft the door that faces the other way, no issues. I also had the same model older camera in the new ones spot for about 2 years. In the same exact location, I even re-used the mount. The camera will randomly say "no connection" on the app and I have to remove it, reset it and then re-link it to the app. No issues with the older model though. 

Is the camera with the issue connected to the same base as the older cameras? Or is it connected to your home wifi?

Meefoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, 

The spotlight camera and the pro 3 floodlight are connected to one base station and the older cameras are connected to an older base station. I haven't had any issues with the pro 3. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Meefoo wrote:

The spotlight camera and the pro 3 floodlight are connected to one base station and the older cameras are connected to an older base station. 

Is the new base closer to the camera than the old base?

How far apart are the two bases?  Generally it's good if they aren't closer than about 6 feet from each other (and 6 feet from the router)

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation