Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
mikemikemikemik
Initiate
Initiate

My Arlo app has stopped sending push notifications to my iPhone. I have deleted and reinstalled the app, rebooted and applied lastest iOS, and made sure push notifications are enabled in the app settings and on each camera. The video indicator doesn't even show on the app icon. Only way I know something has triggered the camera is that I still get an email. Very frustrating and makes the cameras useless for real time monitoring. And yes, I have a valid subscription. Anyone else having these issues?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A recent Arlo cloud release (automatic update) should have addressed the push notification issue that many users have been experiencing. Please let us know if you're still experiencing an issue receiving push notifications.

JamesC

View solution in original post

51 REPLIES 51
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mikemikemikemik,

It sounds like you may not have notification permissions enabled on your mobile device for the Arlo mobile app. Check your mobile devices app permissions and be sure push notifications for the Arlo mobile app are allowed.

JamesC

Voden1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the same issue, any luck with a fix?
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Voden1 wrote:
Having the same issue, any luck with a fix?

Have you tried the suggestions posted here. Notifications are working fine. This is an old thread but details would help. 

Voden1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, I’ve tried everything, deleted and reinstalled app, it even asked if I want push notifications, I say yes, but still no notifications
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Voden1 wrote:
Yes, I’ve tried everything, deleted and reinstalled app, it even asked if I want push notifications, I say yes, but still no notifications

Have you tried all the tips here:

Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi 

Similar problem for me.  I have two Floodlight Pro cameras - one of them has stopped sending pushing notifications, the other is working fine!?

Notifications enabled on my android device. Have removed and reinstalled camera in the app without any success.

any suggestions as currently I am not receiving any notifications for the camera that monitors our driveway....

ThatsDirty
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey are you still having this issue? Just started having this issue last week, removed my apps, removed the device and repaired, did a factory reset and still no notifications. I wonder if this is server side on Arlo's end now as my Pro 4 gets notifications. Hopefully some representative can respond.... so many issues with Arlo.

Nerome13
Tutor
Tutor

Same thing here. Have not used my cameras or app in awhile because I was finding that the 2-5 second recording delay was making any video or notifications useless...but decided to give it one more go. Did a fresh install of the newest arlo app, and have the cameras set up and live, but seem not be getting any notifications. Have made all the adjustments that I can and basically, have all my notification turned on both in my android settings and in the arlo app settings, yet still nothing. Have been thinking about replacing the cameras in general, and feel like this might be the push for me to make it happen

smurraybu
Tutor
Tutor

I have been having this same problem since end of December, put in a ticket and followed all of the reset/ reinstall recommendations from the help chat- however still not receiving push notifications on iOS - still waiting for customer service to either update with regards to the problem or provide a fix.  This is becoming pointless as I do not sit in front of the phone all day and watch the outside cameras- and also I use 2 as a baby monitor- and pay the 9.99 subscription fee.  Waiting for a fix still.

1stGirl
Initiate
Initiate

So glad to find this thread!  I too have the same issue as one of my three Arlo Pro 4 cameras is not sending notifications.  I've replaced the battery, the camera, deleted/reinstalled the app, and modified all the settings I could and still one camera will not send notifications.  The other 2 cameras send notification so it is not my IOS setting.  All the cameras are on the same wifi connection.  Other than the notification, the camera works but as stated in other threads, it's not helpful if the notifications are not working.  It appears that the software may be glitching with the newer IOS/Android updates.  Hello Arlo - can you help your customers?????

mikemikemikemik
Initiate
Initiate

Its all a crap shoot if it works or not. It works when it wants to work, it doesn't when it doesn't. Arlo products are crap and a waste of money. I wish I had never bought them. The delays on "live" connecting to cameras and the delays of notifications are useless when trying to use as a real time security/safety mechanism.

Hopefully potential buyers will read this thread and buy Ring products instead.

ashleyb9
Initiate
Initiate
My app has also stopped sending notifications. I have 4 cameras however there is only one that isn’t notifying. I can walk pass the camera and the light will come on but no notifications.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are currently investigating reports of this issue. I will provide an update as soon as we have more information.

JamesC

SilkyJ
Initiate
Initiate

The push notifications stopped working for all of my cameras yesterday. I've reset everything and checked my phone settings. Still nothing. Is this going to be fixed soon? These are pointless if I do not get motion notification alerts pushed to my phone.

ashbee
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue with push notifications stopping. It happened between 1/31/22 and 2/1/22. I've been in communication with Arlo and have tried so many things to try and reset and fix things. Still nothing. I believe the problem is on Arlo's end since I have cameras on wifi and on cell and neither are sending push notification, however email notifications work just fine.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ashbee wrote:

I'm having the same issue with push notifications stopping. It happened between 1/31/22 and 2/1/22. I've been in communication with Arlo and have tried so many things to try and reset and fix things. Still nothing. I believe the problem is on Arlo's end since I have cameras on wifi and on cell and neither are sending push notification, however email notifications work just fine.

Are you sharing cameras using the "friend" feature?

ashbee
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was. Just deleted them. Now they work!!! WTH!!! I use that feature for my significant other. I need it.

ashbee
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was using that feature and just saw your reply. I deleted the friends and now notifications are working. What gives? If I add them back will I have this issue?

ashbee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Another Arlo user suggested the problem stemming from Grant Access feature (sharing access with family/friends). Are you using this? I deleted the email addresses in there and now push notifications are working. Hope Arlo resolves this soon.

Arlo23
Aspirant
Aspirant
My push notifications have stopped around 2/1/22 as well. Worked with Arlo support twice and troubleshoot app and device with no success. I'm reading multiples reports of this issue across forums. It's clearly an issue on Arlos side. It would be nice if Arlo released a statement ( via Twitter or Email) Acknowledging the problem and making their customers aware of it with any temporary or permanent solutions in the works. Instead it seems everyone with arlo devices are left clueless searching across the internet for answers and wondering if they are the only ones with the problem until they stumble upon a 1 year old thread. This needs to be fixed. And all the features like Grant Access need to work. And Arlo needs to improve communication with their customers on these wide spread issues that are effecting their security.
Bnelsonr
Guide
Guide

I have 2 iPhones using IOS 15.3. My Arlo app is version 3.5.12. I have  2 wired video doorbells & 1 pro 4 camera. I set up the new doorbells 2 weeks ago & the Pro 4 a week later. 

The doorbells & camera were sending push notifications to both iPhones for one week, Then no more push notifications from any device. Yes, the push notification shows it is on for both iPhones. I receive push notifications from news & weather apps. If I turn on email notifications, I receive emails but no  push notifications. All 3 devices are recording to the cloud. 

I have checked all settings on both the Arlo app & IOS system. If I go into Arlo settings & mute all notifications, I get a push notification showing the mute! My thought is, there is a bug in the software, either Arlo or Apple. I updated my IOS recently but not sure of the date. When both iPhones stopped receiving push notifications, one was on IOS 15.2.1 & the other was on IOS 15.3. Both are IOS 15.3 now but still no push. 

I did a complete reset on one doorbell but still not sending  notifications. I have rebooted the iPhones, logged out & back in to Arlo several times. I have been through all the settings in Mode & Settings in the Arlo app. The units, when set up, did check for firmware updates. Don't remember if they needed updated or not. My return window was on its last day, so I returned both units. Doing  research I think Arlo has the best equipment but because of their terrible customer service, they lost a customer. I wonder if they care………..

Bnelsonr
Guide
Guide

To  JamesC  Community Manager

You would think someone in your organization would have some customer skills! I'm not taking about the tech part, I'm talking about letting the public know you understand there is an issue & what you are working on to fix it. You have great engineers developing a good device. There are going to be issues but let us know you acknowledge it and what is being done. I would loved to have keep my 2 Arlo AVD1001's but I returned them because nobody from Arlo seemed to give a crap! There are post from 2019 with notification problems. Not sure if it was happening for the same reason, but no response from Arlo in the postings. so, Good By Arlo.............
smurraybu
Tutor
Tutor

OK- SO I just removed the 2 people I shared access with and re-added them- tested and now am getting push notifications!!! I suggest you remove and re-add shared contacts- so far so good- waiting to see if there are any other glitches- wondering if it was a code that wasn't carried over in the newest app update.  Much easier fix than the 1 hour I spent with tech support removing and reinstalling cameras and apps....

ThatsDirty
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yep! Looks like removing shared people works and brought back my notifications for my Pro 3 Floodlight! I just hope this fix is more permanent because it is such a nuisance to add everyone back on my setup...

Discussion stats