Pro3 Floodlight mount

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
RHTPA007
Follower
Follower

Has anyone had success with getting replacement mounting parts for this camera. Customer service tells me that if the mount is broken ...you have to buy a whole new camera. 

I obviously can "rig" something....but thats not my goal.

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What exactly is broken? You say the mount but that can be various things including the camera cover. If the cover is ok, you can use almost any outdoor camera mount which uses the standard 1/4"-20 thread which will screw right into the cover. The cover itself is available but also includes a battery.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

you can use almost any outdoor camera mount which uses the standard 1/4"-20 thread which will screw right into the cover. 

I don't think that's the case with the floodlight. Are you certain you weren't thinking of the Pro 3?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's been a while since I did anything with the floodlight mount so you may well be totally correct. In that case, the possible remedies are that case with battery, which does have the 1/4"-20 threaded mount or use the app to go to Settings, Support and select your camera. Scroll down to Contacts to see if official support can help and insist.

@JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN can you help here?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

In that case, the possible remedies are that case with battery, 

AFAIK there is no "case with battery" that will fit the floodlight camera.   The XL upgrade kit doesn't list the floodlight as compatible; neither does the total security mount.

Unfortunately, I believe support already gave @RHTPA007 the correct answer here - the entire camera needs to be replaced.  Support might offer a discount.  Or as @RHTPA007  said above, he could attempt a DIY repair.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@StephenB wrote:

@jguerdat wrote:

In that case, the possible remedies are that case with battery, 

AFAIK there is no "case with battery" that will fit the floodlight camera.   The XL upgrade kit doesn't list the floodlight as compatible; neither does the total security mount.

Interesting since the accessories for the floodlight shows the case with the XL battery. I suspect it would work but can't be sure.

@JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN can you verify?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:
Interesting since the accessories for the floodlight shows the case with the XL battery. I suspect it would work but can't be sure.

Likely because the floodlight uses the XL battery.  But neither the list below the title nor "View Compatible Devices"  include the floodlight.

xl.png

@JamesC - I think the correct accessory link for the Floodlight is the XL battery (without the housing).

That page includes the Floodlight at the top, and also in "View Compatible Devices"

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation