Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 3 floodlight - keeps going offline

Discussion stats
aharman
Tutor
Tutor
I have the pro 3 floodlight running on battery and connected via WIFI (no hub) and it continually goes offline and then on its own will reconnect.

I have checked my nest WiFi stats and it says the camera has a great connection.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Would having a hub make a difference or having it plugged in?

Thanks in advance
59 REPLIES 59
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

aharman,

Are you sure the camera is actually offline? How long does it take to reconnect? If you log out of the app and log back in, do you still see the same results?

JamesC

aharman
Tutor
Tutor
So I have tried viewing it on the website when the camera appears offline on the app and it says the same.

The odd thing is it seems to then appear a few mins later as online without me doing anything. It’s as if it keeps losing connection but it has full stable connection…
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

aharman,

It sounds like there could be an interference issue at the cameras location that is intermittently knocking it offline. To isolate further, try relocating the camera temporarily and test to see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

aharman
Tutor
Tutor
I have a google WiFi mesh system and have installed a new point close to the device and the issue is still happening.
Jim99
Guide
Guide
Did you ever resolve the problem? I have the same issue.
aharman
Tutor
Tutor
Nope the issue still exists. They replaced the camera and I have tried 3 different wireless routers all giving full connection strength with 300mb+ upload speed.

I have a feeling this is a Arlo system error somewhere! They are looking at the logs
Jim99
Guide
Guide
I have done everything you did. I think I’m going to switch to another camera.
aharman
Tutor
Tutor
I am tempted. Problem is I jumped in quickly abs bought the doorbell and floodlight at the same time and I don’t want different eco systems…

It’s such a shame as there is a great product here if they could just get to grips with it!

One thing I can say, even though the device goes offline on the app / we browser it still seems to work locally as I get the notifications through about activity!
GarabaldiB5
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having a similar issue.  My Android phone shows this device connected perfectly, but it shows that it is still charging for my wife and daughter on their Apple phones.

JuneNg
Initiate
Initiate
I have the same problem. Tried many solutions mentioned in this forum but still keep offline after online few hours online.

Do you guys fix the offline problem?
JuneNg
Initiate
Initiate

Anyone can help! My floodlight camera still failed to connect wifi and shown offline even I put the camera 1m closed to the wifi router.. It can connect at the beginning but failed after 1 to 2 hours.

I bought it less than 2 months. Can't believe Arlo quality is so bad. 

I have sent formal support request to Arlo a week ago and also no feedback.. 

ajtz
Tutor
Tutor

I have similar issues - I've set the camera within inches of my router to test, and still it goes offline within a day; after going offline, recharging to full, the device again goes offline within 18-24 hours. I've factory reset the device, removed/re-added to the account.. Support suggested I remove all devices on my network except for the camera. Thanks, Support.

tlac
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I'm also having the same issue where my floodlight was displaying an error saying it's offline. I only got the Floodlight 3 less than two weeks ago and it was fine. A couple of days ago I replaced our router at home and that's when I noticed the error happening.

I decided to "Remove device" the Floodlight 3 and attempt adding it back to my SmartHub, but now the floodlight can't be found. HELP PLEASE? 

Thanks

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tlac,

If you've removed the floodlight, also be sure you've factory reset before attempting to add it back to your account.

Follow these instructions to factory reset: How do I factory reset and re-sync my Arlo camera?

JamesC

Gaetan323
Aspirant
Aspirant

Looks like i have the same issue.   I opened a case with Arlo support and they troubleshooted the issue.   They are investigating now on their side and said they will get back to me.  i also have a Arlo essential camera and the Arlo wired doorbell which work great so far.

fherselman
Star
Star

It seems this problem is common. Many of us are experiencing this camera going off line. 

If you cannot wait for it to come back on its own, pull the battery, it comes back on. 

I am also missing recording. It's like it goes into sleep mode. 

I really feel the support is not what it should be. 

Where is the support? 

ajtz
Tutor
Tutor

OP here - my camera eventually started working again some time after a firmware update (and multiple restart cycles). I received no meaningful support from the Arlo team.

I had an open issue with another Arlo device, and being unable to resolve the ability to have useful activity zones, I've since replaced that device with another from a company that rhymes with Noogle. That device that rhymes with Gest works perfectly for my needs - I honestly can't believe how well it works.

Mitchwnz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same drama.  Connection is "Great" and everything works fine, then the camera disconnects and refuses to re-connect to my base station.  I have to remove the camera and re-add it which seems to take several attempts.  VERY frustrating to do this each and every time. 

Retired_Member
Not applicable

To all on thread with this problem with Pro 3 Floodlight but where the camera reconnects by itself:

-Use the camera positioning tool to test real world signal quality.  The router might say the connection is great but that only gives you raw signal strength - it won't reveal signal interference.

Start the camera positioning tool and watch the video bandwidth indicator.  If it jumps around (strong one moment, good the next, back to strong) then the signal quality is variable.  If that's the case you should have a look at WiFi channels.  If it drops to poor or weak at any time then that indicates a problem that can knock your camera offline temporarily.  Note that the camera positioning tool test depends on your internet connection and Arlo's servers being at their best during the test - a busy internet connection or a moment of heavy load at the servers can produce a similar effect.

Test a few times at different times of day.  If the signal quality is strong late at night or very early in the morning when your neighbors are asleep and not using their WiFi much, but highly variable in the evenings when they might be streaming netflix or whatever, this is highly indicative of signal interference.

fherselman
Star
Star
Nuisance Value 

Luminary
‎2021-12-18 04:22 PM

To all on thread with this problem with Pro 3 Floodlight but where the camera reconnects by itself:

-Use the camera positioning tool to test real world signal quality.  The router might say the connection is great but that only gives you raw signal strength - it won't reveal signal interference.

All testing was completed before opening a case or posting on community page.  Signal is great. 

fherselman
Star
Star

I'm having the same drama.  Connection is "Great" and everything works fine, then the camera disconnects and refuses to re-connect to my base station.  I have to remove the camera and re-add it which seems to take several attempts.  VERY frustrating to do this each and every time. 

Mitchwnz, try pulling the battery. It is a quick work around. You should not have to re-add every time.

I have spend most of last week running tests and reporting back to support. I have more than one active case with Support. I suggest going through the painful process of logging a case for your issues. It seems they are trying. That makes me happy. 

Retired_Member
Not applicable

@fherselman wrote:

All testing was completed before opening a case or posting on community page.  Signal is great. 

Fair enough.  I have a Pro 3 Floodlight which was located relatively far from my SmartHub and had this problem occasionally.  I purchased a second SmartHub which is now located very close to that camera.  The problem went away.  Before I bought the new hub I would get 'Strong' on the positioning utility with very little variability in the mornings on weekdays and late at night, but it was often highly variable, hovering around the 'Good' mark in the early evenings and at weekends.  I put the problem down to signal interference though maybe I've just been lucky and it will go offline again tomorrow?  Entirely possible.

Gabehuerta
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue with Arlo Floodlight going offline after the connection and signal is working fine. In fact, it worked for a few hours during the day and went offline at night. I’ve tried resetting and repairing and noting works. Arlo support is terrible and keeps giving me the same story about my signal. I have 5 Arlo cameras and the doorbell that are positioned further away than the floodlight. Not sure there’s a solution here other than to get another camera.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Gabehuerta wrote:
I have the same issue with Arlo Floodlight going offline after the connection and signal is working fine.

The signal can fluctuate, and there is also the possibility of intermediate interference.  Of course, there is always the possibility of a firmware bug dropping the connection - but I can see why support is focused on an issue with the signal.

Is the floodlight paired to the base?  If it is - is there any way you can temporarily bring it closer to the base?  If your home wifi reaches the floodlight, you could also try switching to that (as a test).

Discussion stats