Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 3 floodlight - keeps going offline

Discussion stats
aharman
Tutor
Tutor
I have the pro 3 floodlight running on battery and connected via WIFI (no hub) and it continually goes offline and then on its own will reconnect.

I have checked my nest WiFi stats and it says the camera has a great connection.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Would having a hub make a difference or having it plugged in?

Thanks in advance
59 REPLIES 59
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
RedGuitars
Aspirant
Aspirant

I removed the device in the app, reset it, added it back and it finally worked so I mounted it for the first time and adjusted the view. All good. Then it got dark. My gal left thru the viewing field. No light, no activity notification. I opened the app.  It didn’t say disconnected but showed the daytime picture. I hit connect and it just spun. Checked it an hour later and it had a new nighttime picture. She came home, came in - still no light, no activity notification. Hit connect again and again it just spun. This is totally unacceptable. If plenty of us are having this issue then there should be a highest priority fix pronto. So way more frustrated than satisfied with Arlo. Especially given that the Essential worked seamlessly. 

ulflun
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue. Tried everything regarding WiFi - position, QoS, etc. Drops the connection all the time. Started when I updated the firmware. Please Netgear take a look at this issue and firmware.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ulflun wrote:

Please Netgear take a look at this issue and firmware.

Netgear divested Arlo back in 2018, so Netgear is not involved.

If you have a subscription, you could try contacting Arlo support in the app.

MagicMark
Aspirant
Aspirant

Im very disappointed in this purchase. It always goes off line in cold weather and doesn’t reset itself when the temperature warms up. I would not recommend this unit to anyone. 

ulflun
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here. 😞 says "All weather" support when buying. False information.

PeteOB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, what I finally figured out is that  my particular case(pun intended) my battery was loose and it would lose its connection to the power when I would push it so that the camera snapped into the mounted case. I slid some thick business card strips in between the battery and what the battery goes into and that seemed to tighten the battery so that it stayed and didn’t disconnect.  Sooooo if anyone is still having trouble, give that a try.

MagicMark
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the solar charger. I found that if I don’t use it things work fine. 

Gabehuerta
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, MM. I don’t have the solar attachment. The issue still happens. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@PeteOB wrote:

Well, what I finally figured out is that  my particular case(pun intended) my battery was loose and it would lose its connection to the power when I would push it so that the camera snapped into the mounted case. I slid some thick business card strips in between the battery and what the battery goes into and that seemed to tighten the battery so that it stayed and didn’t disconnect.  

I haven't run into this with my own floodlight.  But I found that it can be difficult to get the camera  fully locked into the housing. 

So maybe alternatively put some silcone grease around the O-ring, which should allow you to get the camera fully inserted with much less force.  That might allow you to eliminate the business cards.

Discussion stats