Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 3 Floodlight clicking

Discussion stats
peterw1956
Aspirant
Aspirant
live stream and recording have a low volume background clicking like a clock.
47 REPLIES 47
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any methods you have previously performed.

peterw1956
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi

I have two Pro 3 Spotlight cameras connected to a VMB4540. Both cameras have the background noise in live view or recording.  I have restarted the VMB4540 and one of the cameras with no change to the background noise. I can uploaded a recording of the noise if that is possible.

cheers and thanks
Peter
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Sure, you can provide a link to the shared recording if you like and I will have it investigated. 

peterw1956
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there a preferred way to do this.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@peterw1956 wrote:

Is there a preferred way to do this.

Not really, it is up to you.  You could get a shared link from the library (using my.arlo.com), or put a downloaded file into cloud storage (dropbox, google drive, icloud, etc).  Then provide the link.

If you want to keep the video more private, you can send the link to @ShayneS in a private message (PM).  There's an envelope link at the top right of the forum page that you can use to send the PM.

peterw1956
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks here is the link for the clicking camera noise:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/uTWj7Ns1WTEq7f7V6
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the video, Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

nrivera0305
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem with my floodlight. Last night I noticed a white noise sound with a clicking in between when live session is on and when it is a recorded video, it sounds like a helicopter in the background. I contacted but they did not give me a solution. I had to turn off the microphone because the sound is so annoying. 

Any solution so far??

Ian4
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have had 2 cameras do the same thing. Did you figure it out?
Mike-C
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

Bought this 2 weeks ago, heard weird ticking on audio every 3s but decided to ignore until unit started triggering a few days ago every few minutes even though it was NOT set to trigger on audio so I assumed it was faulty. Yesterday I replaced the unit with another new one under warrantee and same ticking noise every 3s and scratchy sounds in general. Other 4 x Pro 4 cameras work perfectly so there is nothing wrong with the base station or network or ambient sounds outside.

Anyone else had this and found a solution?

Thanks

Mike

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Ian4

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

Ian4
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have. They sent me a new camera and it does the same thing. Can't seem to fix this problem.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you have the cameras connected to AC power by chance? or are the cameras running off battery power?

Thanks 

Ian4
Aspirant
Aspirant
Connected to power.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Ian4

Does the same issue occur if you unplug the camera and try battery power only?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi, 

Did you happen to see my post above?

Thank you

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which device are you using to stream your cameras? iOS/Android device?

Thanks 

Ian4
Aspirant
Aspirant
I0S apple
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Ian4

Were you using a charging cable when experiencing this issue? 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@peterw1956

Are you still experiencing the issue? 

Drenk
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am experiencing the same issue with my floodlights. Connected to power or just on the battery. Please help!
peterw1956
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I am. It happens on both my Spotlight cameras regardless if they are connected to power or on battery.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the update, I have provided this to the dev team and will give another update as soon as I hear more. 

Discussion stats