Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 3 Floodlight clicking

Discussion stats
peterw1956
Aspirant
Aspirant
live stream and recording have a low volume background clicking like a clock.
47 REPLIES 47
Ian4
Aspirant
Aspirant

It does seem to only happen on triggered events. So if I manually record or watch the live stream it does not happen. 

Drenk
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just go a new floodlight and tested it. No crackle out of box w/ battery. No crackle while connected to battery charger. No crackle after removed battery charger. Put camera in base THEN IT CRACKLES AND NEVER STOPS - in base, out of base, camera connected to batter charger, base connected to power, no base - It crackles and does a constant sqeaky clicky noise. The issue is with the hardware.
Ian4
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any update on this? The support team just keeps asking me to move the camera around my house and keep checking. 

I wanted a camera that was as easy to operate and install as my doorbell camera. I do not want to constantly move the thing around. If it doesn't work where I want it to be, it aint the camera for me. 

Slimsy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have exactly the same issue as in peterw's recording - thanks for posting that.

It's been 2 months since the last Arlo reply - any updates?

Occurs for live streams and recordings - video is good, audio is bad. Same thing under IOS 15 and Android. Camera is powered by an Arlo solar panel, issue occurs day or night. Firmware is up-to-date, 1.080.25.3. It's connected through an Arlo hub. Other Pro 2 cameras connected to the same hub work perfectly.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Slimsy

Does this issue occur when you are disconnected from the solar panel? 

peterw1956
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi sorry for the late reply. The answer is yes it does or maybe a better answer is yes they do (I have three, two connect to solar panels and one not, they all click)
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Drenk

Are you still experiencing this issue?

AnonymousArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem on 2 arlo pro 3 flood light cameras. I just purchased them last week. I took the batteries out of both of them and reset the camera. It is still slightly there on one camera and it is there at night on the other camera, "very loud static then  a clicking sound" Seems like a hardware issue with the mic. Or could be it just needs a firmware update. But, there are definitely something wrong with them. Something that reseting and moving them around to different places isn't going to fix. I truly hope you guys have a firmware update coming for them soon. BTW, my base station is model number 4550.

ddausend
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just recently setup my Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight and noticed the sound is absolutely terrible. There is a bad crackling sound happening. The video is perfect though. I noticed on my other cameras the sound is flawless. Any idea why the sound is crackling. I have examples if needed.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

Bandit90
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there any update on this? I've got exactly the same issue with mine. Sounds identical to the video provided on the previous page. I've got an Arlo doorbell and don't have this issue with that. Your products are expensive and then I'm paying a subscription fee on top of this but you don't seem to fix the issues raised by your customers!

ItsMeAgainMarga
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem; resynch'd, removed battery, turned off speakers, turned off microphone, played with most of the settings, moved to different locations, reset and tried on different wifi, tried with charging cable and without.  Returned it, got another one and it has the same problems.  Waiting on my refund from the first one with amazon before I return this new one that does the exact same thing.   Also i have an older one from a year or two ago that works fine still.

rashells
Aspirant
Aspirant

mine has the same issue.  none of the regular cameras do it. just the flood light. extremely annoying

RadBrad
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dear ddausend and community,

I bought two Arlo Pro 3 floodlight cameras during Black Friday, 2022. A co-worker of mine also bought two at the same time. All four have the crackling/ticking audio defects. This is a known defect to Arlo, and some who have owned these cameras for a few years said they once worked flawlessly before a firmware update. You have three choices: you can try to send them back for replacement units that will have the same issue (you pay shipping), you can disable the microphone and pray for a firmware update that fixes the issue, or you can just endure the audio issues, while still praying that it's not a hardware issue, and Arlo will one day patch it with a firmware update. I hope I was of more service to you than Arlo support has been to me. Good luck with your brand-new floodlight camera with audio issues.

AnonymousArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

This has been an ongoing issue for a long time. I returned at least 4 times the same floodlight cameras, with the same issue persistenting.

I got a firmware update last night for the flood light cameras and I was hoping that it would fix the problem. But, surprise surprise,  it didn't. I have lost hope that this problem is indeed a software issue and have come to the conclusion that the hardware is bad. Pretty dissatisfied with arlo, considering I have had nothing but problems since I purchased the equipment in 2020. I will not be purchasing any thing else from them in the future because there unwillingness to fix ongoing issues and the products they put out are complete junk. Oh BTW, I have a pro 3 camera that doesn't charge anymore and the nightvision is gone on it. Very unhappy about all these never ending problems.

pickledhamster
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just letting everyone know I have the same issue on my floodlight 3.  I’ve just sent it back to Amazon.

I have 2 essential cameras that are working without issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtAGio7OTR8

beach2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here!  It is so aggravating to not be able to get assistance from Arlo with this issue after all this time.  I will just turn my volume down so my O.C.D. self can't hear it.  I wish I had sent mine in for a refund before the 30 days.  My other Arlo cameras are perfectly fine.  Oh, well.

AnonymousArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just fyi to everyone with this problem with hopes that's it's a software, firmware issue and there will be a fix. I find that very unlikely, I had a technician from Arlo email me about this issue and he stated that it's indeed a hardware issue. And that Arlo is aware of it. What they plan on doing about it remains to be seen. But, I wouldn't get your hopes up. I know this doesn't help any of the issues you are currently having with the flood light cameras. But, I thought everyone should be aware of what I was told.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hardware issues can only be resolved by going through official support for an RMA. If still within the store's return policy you could always swap at the store which is the faster resolution.

AnonymousArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, you are correct. But, it doesn't matter if you return them for different ones. If it's still the same hardware version from the same line of flood light cameras, you're going to have the same problem. That's what happened to me, I returned them like 4 different times and all of them had the same defect. So, you will have to wait they make a newer hardware version without that hardware problem. And who's knows if or when that will be.

barbaricbryan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any fix on this yet? Just setup my Floodlight Pro 3 and I have a constant clicking feedback noise. I've power cycled, and am now attempting to charge overnight and remove the batter and clean the contacts. 

Bandit90
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nope. Arlo couldn't care less about improving their products or fixing known issues it seems. They don't respond to any queries or feedback. Be better off switching to Ring instead I think 

Bandit90
Aspirant
Aspirant

As Arlo have no interest in sorting out these issues and now my doorbell camera has developed a similar audio problem now, I've just arranged a return and refund through Amazon where I purchased them from. All my Arlo products are being sent back and I've ordered a Ring doorbell and spotlight camera to replace these. They seem to have a much better reputation than Arlo for the quality of their products. Fed up wasting my time with Arlo's cheap and flawed products and app. If they listened to all the same issues and complaints which come up on this forum multiple times and fixed them, they would have a great product. But since they don't bother, I'd say the best option is go with a different brand. Cancelled my Arlo secure subscription too.

Discussion stats