Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Urgent: Activate Two-Step Verification
Arlo requires all users to activate two-step verification to continue to access your recordings, devices, and account.
Please enable this feature now. Learn More.

Re: Outdoor magnetic cable not charging?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've got three Floodlights around my house. To save taking them down and decommissioning them each time I need them charged, I bought the Outlook Magnetic Charging cable, so that I can charge them individually.

However, I've realised that when plugged into one of my outdoor power points, it will not charge. It charges fine when plugged into a power point that's inside my house.

I know these power points work, as they connect to my exterior wall lights and those work perfectly fine.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Model: FB1001 | Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight
Guru Guru
Guru

What is the outdoor temp?

the battery will not charge below freezing, bring them in and then it will charge 

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm in Australia - and we're in summer at the moment.

Current temp is around 30C or 86F

Guru Guru
Guru

Got nothing then 😀

Morse is faster than texting!
Guru Guru
Guru

@achenny wrote:

I bought the Outlook Magnetic Charging cable, so that I can charge them individually.

I'm guessing this is just a typo and you meant "Outdoor" rather than "Outlook" which would imply a 3rd party solution.

Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes correct - "Outdoor magnetic charger"

Guru Guru
Guru

When you say outdoor power points, do you mean the house wiring and outlets? If so, it sounds like a faulty charger - swap at the store. First, though, carefully clean the contacts on both the camera and cable to ensure a good connection.

Aspirant
Aspirant

Did you buy an after market brand of charging cable?  I purchased  cables I found on Amazon that said they were made for Arlo cameras and were much less money. I had the same problem as you. I found that the Arlo battery was a different voltage than the aftermarket charger and they did not work. Arlo wants $50 each just for their charging cables, that do not come with the camera, but you have no choice they are the only ones that work on Arlo cameras.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation