Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Javcarranza
Aspirant
Aspirant
I bought an original outdoor charger for my floodlight. Once I plugged in it was at 49% and a orange triangle with the charging sign was showing next to it. 3 hrs later I checked on it and the orange triangle still there but it dropped to 45%. I don't know what to do
3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Assuming the ambient temp is below freezing, even the external charger won't charge the battery due to li-ion batteries being protected from charging. Warming the camera/battery should allow charging to resume.

Javcarranza
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for the respond. So me living in the Poconos where winter temp drop at 0 or negative almost every night, would mean that this equipment might not be the right thing for me.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm in Rochester, NY so temps in the winter are frequently below freezing. The battery will keep things working down to -4F - it's just that the charging can't happen below 32F. You can always bring the camera or battery indoors to charge if you need (a spare battery with the external charger would work the best) but the battery should last long enough for temps to rise to the point of allowing charging.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation