Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
mkalk6
Follower
Follower

I would like to be able to trigger recording on my floodlight cam with either audio or motion, but I would like the camera to behave differently in each instance. If the camera detects motion I would like to trigger the floodlight and begin recording. However, I would like to only record video without triggering the floodlight if the camera is triggered due to audio. If it gets windy, my floodlight will turn on and off all night. I don't mind all the unnecessary video clips, but I'm sure the light drives my neighbors crazy so I have it shut off.

I can't seem to add more than one rule for a single mode, so it seems I have to choose to either let the light turn on and off all night, or keep it off full time. Is there any other solution?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Nope. Yer right - only one way to set up a rule.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Arlo are no longer interested in updating features, evidenced by the lockout of idea exchange and community feedback boards on this forum.

You could try placing a wind sock over the camera.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mkalk6 wrote:

I can't seem to add more than one rule for a single mode, so it seems I have to choose to either let the light turn on and off all night, or keep it off full time. Is there any other solution?

Unfortunately you can't set audio and motion triggers to record differently (btw, a good feature idea).

There is another option which might partly solve your problem - that is to schedule the light to turn on when motion is detected for the evening, and have it always stay off later on (depending on nightvision). 

My own flood will pick up animals late at night (using the motion detection) - so your approach would still result in the light turning on/off for me.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation