Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 3 floodlight

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Flash2021
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have this setup to local storage hooked to base unit but now all of a sudden it stopped recording events. I know it probably coincides with subscription end but I thought it would continue to local storage. Any help would be appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Flash2021 wrote:
but I thought it would continue to local storage. 

It does.  What base do you have?

Flash2021
Aspirant
Aspirant
Vmb4500r2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Flash2021 wrote:
Vmb4500r2

With that base, you need to eject the USB storage, and connect it to a PC to view the recordings.  Have you tried that? (I realize that the screenshot shows 0 GB used, but I think it is worth checking manually).

Of course the camera also needs to be paired to the base (not connected to home wifi).

Flash2021
Aspirant
Aspirant
I checked it and it is recording to local storage but my other Arlo cameras still show it in the app. I guess my Arlo doorbell will disappear too when free trial is up.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Flash2021 wrote:
I checked it and it is recording to local storage but my other Arlo cameras still show it in the app. I guess my Arlo doorbell will disappear too when free trial is up.

You are only seeing cloud recordings in the app.   There is 7-day free cloud recording for the older Arlo cameras (for example Pro, Pro 2), but not for the newer ones (starting with the Ultra in 2018).  So you will lose cloud recordings for the video doorbell when the trial ends.

If you are wanting direct access to local storage in the app, then you need a smarthub (VMB4540 or VMB5000).  https://kb.arlo.com/000062337/What-is-Direct-Storage-Access-and-how-do-I-use-it

There are some limitations:

• Recordings only available in the app (not the browser)
  • Recordings only available in the primary account (not friend accounts)
  • No manual recordings of video or snapshots
  • No Thumbnails
  • Remote access requires either port forwarding or a VPN (both requiring router configuration) - which some find difficult.
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation