Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
sbrecruiter
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just installed Floodlight and app. Mode is stuck on “getting information”. My iphone is on IOS 13.5.1. Please help!
14 REPLIES 14
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Not much information to go on there.

So, this is the iOS app. Have you tried it with the browser interface and https://my.arlo.com/?

Is it connected to a hub or to a wifi access point?

Can you see the camera and live stream from it?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
sbrecruiter
Aspirant
Aspirant
Connected via wifi to Netgear Orbi Pro router. After app wouldn’t get beyond “getting information” on mode tad, I tried to access via my Arlo site on Safari, Chrome, and FireFox browsers on my Iphone. “View cameras” button would not work. Thoughts??
sbrecruiter
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, I can live stream the camera from the app
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@sbrecruiter wrote:
....I tried to access via my Arlo site on Safari, Chrome, and FireFox browsers on my Iphone.

But can you actually get at my.arlo.com with a browser?

What happens when you try?

@sbrecruiter wrote:
“View cameras” button would not work.

Where is this “View cameras” button?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
sbrecruiter
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. I am able to access my.arlo.com on my iphone as well as my Surface Pro

On the Iphone version, it has a "View Cameras" tab. When I click that, nothing happens.

Using my desktop, I am able to see my device on my.arlo.com and live stream the floodlight cam. I can see my device on the Mode tab as well, but it is blank on the right side where there should be options to arm/disarm.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sbrecruiter,

Consider rebooting the floodlight by removing and reinserting the battery. Test again to see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

sbrecruiter
Aspirant
Aspirant

I removed the battery and reinstalled it. I'm still not seeing any options when I go to the "Mode" tab on the iphone app or desktop my.arlo.com website.

Ds41439
Aspirant
Aspirant
I cannot believe I dropped $500 for 2 of these floodlights only to have “getting information” as a constant message in the mode function on IOS. Really? What in the heck am I paying for? The beta version? Ridiculous.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ds41439,

Does the happen when using the web client? Is it intermittent on your iOS device or does it always happen?

JamesC

JpMaxMan
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just bought the flood and am having the same problem.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JpMaxMan,

Try removing and resyncing your floodlight. Do you still experience the same issue?

JamesC

julio2021
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Arlo floodlight is stuck on "getting status " I did everything they recommended to get it working and nothing works. I was hoping to buy a couple more of these cameras but I guess I better not.!
Aleks90
Aspirant
Aspirant
Did u fix the issue? I have the same problem.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new firmware update for Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight was released since this issue was last reported. Check to make sure you have the latest firmware version available and test again to see if you still experience this issue.

Firmware Release notes: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/Arlo-Pro-3-Floodlight-FB1001-1-080-23-2-29-b953...

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation