Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Mattjbrett
Guide
Guide

I am receiving double notifications from my camera.

I have the latest app 2.23 on iPhone

I have the latest firmware on camera

I have restarted the camera

I have rebooted my phone

I have removed app and reinstalled

It maybe because I have recently updated to iOS 14.4, but the issue is still persisting.

I am getting this on both my my iPhone and iPad?

Is this a common issue or just locally to my phone and iPad?

this only started 05/02/2021 since I updated my iOS device firmware software

135 REPLIES 135
Bfunk
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the same issue on Android and ios seems to be a Arlo issue with notifications. Been having issue for about a week now.
dcfox1
Master
Master

@fenton11  I assume you have android, I have IOS. Your back ground makes it hard to make out the notifications in the Video. At least the green border. 

plee621
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I've seen the older threads on this forum regarding duplicate notifications for both iOS and Android.  I personally have a Pixel 2XL running Android 11.  I'm running the latest version of the Arlo app (2.23_28305 - released on 1/19/21).  I've done the basic uninstall/reinstall without resolving the issue.  I also followed the suggestions regarding turning off backups on the following thread without resolving the issue.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/How-To-fix-Multiple-Notifications-from-one-alert-on-Android/t...

I can reproduce the issue under the following:

When I receive a motion alert, I'll see the alert in my notification banner.  

1. If I don't acknowledge the alert to go to live view, I get only this notification and can review the recording in my library

2. If I view the notification in live view and then close the Arlo app, I will receive the second notification shortly after

As you can see, if I view the alert in realtime, I get the second alert after closing the app.  The video capture is the exact same image as the original for both alerts.

I can't say for certain when this started happening, but I don't think it was right after the most recent update.  It seems like it has everything to do with the backend.

fenton11
Guide
Guide
I have a iPhone XR. Was recording from my iPhone 12 work phone.
dcfox1
Master
Master

Well so far today I am just getting one notification on IOS. 

Mattjbrett
Guide
Guide
Unfortunately I’m still getting the double notification.......

So looks like the problem is not completely fixed!

Did you restart, download, or do anything to make it stop?
muggins86
Tutor
Tutor
I’m still getting double notifications too. And in the last few hours, theres no screen grab of the motion detected in my notifications. Sigh.
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Mattjbrett wrote:
Unfortunately I’m still getting the double notification.......

So looks like the problem is not completely fixed!

Did you restart, download, or do anything to make it stop?

No I didn't do anything. I hope I didn't speak to soon. 

fenton11
Guide
Guide

I'm still getting the double notifications.

dcfox1
Master
Master

Well now I just get one notification that I can see but I get a second alert sound about 5  seconds after the first when I look right away. Not a biggie but makes me look for another cam alert. 

deman00789
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue for a week after I updated my iOS to 14.4. It is really annoying. 

makersforme
Tutor
Tutor

Hopefully it gets resolved soon.  My dog has learned the notification sound from my Apple Watch and runs to the door every time she hears it thinking someone is here.  That behavior is slightly more annoying then getting the actual double alert. 🙂

daveelt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using Android and am also having a problem.  It seems to me the second notification comes for me when the recording ends.  I get the one with the box when triggered and the second one comes when the recording is available to view in the library.

Anyone else seeing the same behavior?

1low56
Tutor
Tutor

Same problem here with 2 iPhones.

Double notifications still happening today.

iPhone 12 Pro

IOS 14.4

kamranbaig
Aspirant
Aspirant

Last week, Arlo escalated the case to higher level, after contacting many times, they have stopped replying.

dcfox1
Master
Master

Arlo app 3.0 at least for IOS was just released. I updated but have not had activity yet but may be why this was occurring, worth a shot. It was not in the store for me but I uninstalled and reinstalled to get it. 

Arlo Mobile App 3.0 – New Look, New Features! - Arlo Community

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi kamranbaig,

You mentioned that you have not heard back from the support team after they escalated your case. Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

kamranbaig
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have replied you to the private message. Please make sure there isn't any solution of the problem yet.

fenton11
Guide
Guide
I updated my iOS app to 3.0 and still getting double notifications.
makersforme
Tutor
Tutor

I updated as well and still get the extra notification

Heyroger
Tutor
Tutor

Following thread, as I have also been getting double notification sounds for the last couple of weeks and starting to get sick of it. I hadn't noticed any difference to the thumbnail image as some people have reported, I'll try to pay more attention next time.

1low56
Tutor
Tutor

I also upgraded and still receiving double notifications. Please help Arlo. 

Army89
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is there anyone who’s having trouble with the double notifications? I’d get one then a second later get the same one. I’ve called Arlo only suggestion they gave was “delete the app and reinstall it”
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is investigating these reports. As soon as we have more information, I will provide an update.

JamesC

makersforme
Tutor
Tutor

Mine has changed slightly after the latest update.  The second notification quickly disappears from my Apple Watch and doesn't fully trigger the sound.  I don't know what the notification is like without the phone as I wear it all day.

Discussion stats