Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
SkyDance123
Tutor
Tutor

My floodlight is at 100%. I've removed and reinstalled it.  The light setting is set at 100%. I can turn it on manually, only. It also sends notifications when it detects motion but does not light up.  The LED light is orange.  I tried Arlo Support via chat, but was not given any direction on how to resolve.

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

In the modes and rules for your floodlight, do you have Turn Floodlight On selected as well as Record Video?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

If the environment in which your floodlight is placed is well lit, the light may not turn on for triggered events. For more information on this and how to adjust the sensor, take a look here: What is the Dusk to Dawn sensor setting?

JamesC

SkyDance123
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you, JamesC. The environment is dark. The light came on at night until a few nights ago. Dusk to Dawn sensor is set toward closer to the "dark".

SkyDance123
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you juerdat. In modes Turn Floodlight On is on.  But Recording is not.  I will turn on and will let you know if that works.

Robert528
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tap or click the Mode tab. Select your Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera or the base station it is connected to. Tap or click the pencil (edit) icon, next to an existing mode, or tap or click Add a Mode. Follow the Arlo app instructions to set your floodlight to activate when motion and/or audio is detected.

SkyDance123
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for the recommendation. Yes, I did  this early on.  Today purchased a USB so I can select the record option, as well.  This fixed the issue. The flood light comes on when it detects motion now.  I wish the manual would have clearly stated this.   I'm also extremely disappointed that I can't view the video without ejecting the USB and inserting it into my computer.  Recordings do not show up in the library. I won't be uploading the USB to my computer at 2am to see what set off the camera.  So essentially I have a $250 flood light that I will be replacing soon.   Anyone considering purchasing the Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight, beware - unless you want to by the monthly subscription.

Vidguy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Are you saying that even with the smart hub you need a smart subscription plan?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For cloud recordings, yes. ANy camera newer than the Pro 2 requires a sub for that.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation