Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro spotlight camera batteries not staying charged

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
ZenunJay
Aspirant
Aspirant
It started off with one camera not charging. I have tried swapping batteries and other cameras and still will not recharge. Now I have two cameras doing the same thing. They deplete down to 5% and will not recharge. Can someone help?
11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you charging outdoors? What's the ambient temps? Li-ion batteries can't be charged in freezing temps.

ZenunJay
Aspirant
Aspirant
Temperature has not been below 50's since this started occurring one month ago. Today it's 42° Which is the coldest it's been so far since install.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ZenunJay,

What charging cable are you using? When you apply the charger, does the app indicate that a charging cable is connected?

JamesC

ZenunJay
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm using the magnetic chargin cables that came with the cameras. All Arlo products.
Yes it shows it's connected and charging but never gets above 6%. Usually stays at 5%.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ZenunJay,

Try temporarily bringing the camera inside and charge it. This will help isolate whether or not the temperature is causing an issue.

JamesC

ZenunJay
Aspirant
Aspirant
One is inside one. I have 4 outside and of those one has the same issue. These are only 2 months old too. I'm starting to think Arlo is just junk. My second set that I've owned. Both with issues that not even customer support could help with.
kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary

This is an ongoing problem with these Arlo Pro 3 camera/floodlights and Arlo Solar Panels. Horrible products they can't seem to fix. We can send someone to the moon but we can't seem to keep the battery charged with added Alro Product Solar Panels. Go Figure---

dcfox1
Master
Master

@kr67mustang  We get your point in your 4 other post today saying the same thing. 

kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary
Now that “you get the point” is Arlo doing anything to fix this problem? Inquiring minds wanna know
dcfox1
Master
Master

@kr67mustang wrote:
Now that “you get the point” is Arlo doing anything to fix this problem? Inquiring minds wanna know

Don't work for them but in one of the threads you posted in today they did say they are working on that problem. It was two post above your response. You can go back and read it. 

kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary
Perfect thank you for your reply and really looking forward to the fix
Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation