Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo floodlight unable to record video

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Aussiefishy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi all,
I have a question on the floodlight. I have no subscription plan at the moment and have a total of 5 devices connected to the hub. The option to record video for the floodlight was greyed out. Does the floodlight requires a subscription in order for the video to work? It certainly come as a surprise as the cost of the floodlight is significantly higher than a comparable camera yet a cam alone have video recording for free...
Please help!!
9 REPLIES 9
dcfox1
Master
Master

Are you saying it is greyed out in live steaming or in modes?  If Live steaming you cannot record when 2K  live steaming is active in settings. If you turn it off you can.  If you connect to a Smart Hub or Base you can get motion recordings locally as you stated you are connected to.  Are you getting local motion recordings if that is what you mean. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Aussiefishy,

For recordings to be saved to the library, your floodlight must have an active Arlo Smart subscription. For more information, take a look here: How do I subscribe to Arlo Smart?

JamesC

dcfox1
Master
Master

@JamesC  Just curious if connected to a Hub like he is would the record option still be greyed out in rules for local recordings? 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dcfox1,

Local storage would need to be enabled on the SmartHub/Base Station to enable recording without a subscription for the floodlight.

JamesC

dcfox1
Master
Master

Wasn't sure if it would still be greyed out. Thanks. 

Aussiefishy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James
How to activate local storage?
Thanks
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager
Aussiefishy
Aspirant
Aspirant
If I install the USB drive to record will I be able to see the recording via the app? How do I access these recorded videos?
Thank you
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Aussiefishy wrote:
If I install the USB drive to record will I be able to see the recording via the app? How do I access these recorded videos?
Thank you

Not previous ones but you can once you set it up you can via the library in the app by selecting Hub instead of cloud. The link posted earlier by a mod explains it. 

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation