Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

calibrating arlo pro 3 floodlight

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary

Question- Does anyone have the best settings for the Mode Rules for Motion Sensitivity, Audio Sensitivity & recording  that works best.

Thanks for any advice

KR

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

"It depends." (TM)

There's no such thing as best settings from one person's setup to use in another's unless they are identical. You have to test to see what works for you. You can use the Motion Detection Test in the Device Utilities for the camera settings to help determine motion sensitivity or just choose a setting in a rule and go walk around in front of the camera to test the range be sure to test motion side to side since that's how PIR sensors best detect motion but it might be worthwhile to test detection when motion is straight towards the camera, too. Read the FAQs here in the support section about camera positioning and setting detection sensitivity for guidance. Remember that PIR sensors only work out to ~25 feet for people detection. Same thing for audio if you really need it (I have trains in my backyard so audio detection is of no use).

Recordings times are also subject to interpretation. While the desire is to use "record until motions stops" remember that the CAMERA has to be able to detect (see above), not your eye. As a result, a timed recording may work better. Only you can determine that through testing.

FWIW, I use 50-60% motion detection on my floodlight but that's for my situation. I get cats and squirrels as well as people so I could lower it more (turning it all the way down does not essentially turn off detection - it's just a range). YMMV.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation