Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
--Kaos--
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi everyone

just bough the arlo 3 pro 2k floodlight . Set it up and was looking at all  the options that were available.

I wanted to set the floodllight behaviour to "pulsate" from the other option "constant" , however, i noticed that changing this mode from constant to pulsate does nothing. Its as if the settings are not being saved.

Its in very good range of the internet and i have restarted the device too. It did a softwareu update when i set it up to 1.080.29.0_34_12a6df4. Also says "no firmware updates available"

please help and any advice?

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I just tried this on my floodlight and the settings sticks, even when closing the app and reopening. Maybe reboot your phone and reinstall the app to see if that helps. If not, what phone and OS version?

--Kaos--
Aspirant
Aspirant

the setting sticks when i close and re open the app. This is not the problem.

the camera behaviour doesnt act based on the setting.

i assume that if the behaviour is "pulsate" that the light will pulsate instead of a constant light. Maybe i assume wrong? I also read on the arlo documentation that there are 3 modes, flash, constant, pulsate. I only have constant and pulsate.

I have tried the setting on my web browser as well and both the setting sticks but the camera light doesnt pulsate. The settings look ok but not sure what im missing?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's something I'd have to test myself at night - I'll try to remember to do so tonight so pulse me tomorrow.

@JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN can you check to see if this is a known issue or can you somehow verify this?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have actually not seen this as a known behavior. @--Kaos--  can you please reach out to support and let them know the behavior you are seeing. You can get to support, within the app on your mobile device click on the silhouette on the top left ~ support center ~ the device that you are needing assistance with then choose the issue.

--Kaos--
Aspirant
Aspirant

of course, ill reach on the app

thank you to everyone so far for trying and looking at this 🙂

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

If you need any further assistance from me, please reach out and I would be happy to help. Have a great day. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

That's something I'd have to test myself at night - I'll try to remember to do so tonight so pulse me tomorrow.

I keep forgetting to check this. I'll set a calendar reminder to do so.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Whew! Finally checked last night and saw the floodlight pulsating as expected. Here's a link that will only last 24 hours that shows the pulsation:

https://myapi.arlo.com/hmsfeeds/users/library/share/link/CEABF1B98C8A7D51_202407

I'd suggest removing the camera from your account and add it back to see if that solves the issue.

--Kaos--
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much for checking and testing this, i see that the light did remain pretty solid on , maybe i misundertand the pulsating for an "off and on" like a quick flash.

i wil try your suggestion of removing and re adding this. Does it only pulsate when detection or is this if its mannual too?

thanks for everyones great support

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The pulsation was a couple of seconds at full brightness followed by a couple of seconds of maybe 50% brightness. You can see this in the video.

Since it's a camera settings, I would believe it would pulsate during manual recording or any time the camera is activated with the light turned on.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Oops - not a couple of seconds but more like 1/2 second for each brightness.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation