Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
motomax
Apprentice
Apprentice
Both My flood light started triggering arlo secure push notifications worded as “#alert detected on *camera* at *time*”. It does it every time the light turns on and once again when it turns off. It also does it when I manually trigger the light.
It’s starting to get very annoying, is anyone else getting this?
My vehicle Motion notifications are turned off but because of this random notification I get double push notifications for every vehicle…

Currently running most up to date app on IOS.
Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is currently investigation reports of this issue. As soon as I have more information, I will provide an update.

JamesC

94 REPLIES 94
apropos626
Aspirant
Aspirant

chiming in to say i also have this very annoying problem. #alert notification is sent when light turn on and off either automatically or manually.

Mick_Phelan
Tutor
Tutor

I'm seeing this issue too:

- Pro 3 Floodlight connected to a SmartHub (my other cams on same hub are working normally)

- EU location

- Alerts on both Android and iOS devices

- Only happens at night

- 'Alert' notification text only (not 'Motion', 'Person' or 'Vehicle' just 'Alert')

- No associated video clip appears in the cloud libary for that moment in time

- Been happening for a few weeks, most recently occurred last night Oct 23rd.

- I haven't tried the manual floodlight activation.

APTANDY
Tutor
Tutor
Am also getting this (UK)
Looking forward to a fix as driving me nuts
SeanAshmore
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JamesC any update on this?

Geoyui
Initiate
Initiate
Affected user here too. Need to update/correct this issue ASAP.
saforrest19
Tutor
Tutor
@JamesC any update on this? My floodlight camera has been switched off for weeks now. It’s essentially broken.
Acilluma
Tutor
Tutor

I am having the same issue. This issue started after the latest firmware update on my floodlight camera (2-3 weeks ago). I’ve had the camera for almost 2 years and never had this issue until now. I have been going back-and-forth with many team members from Arlo support. Unfortunately, they are unable to help me resolve anything at this time. It is such a nuisance. 

SeanAshmore
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JamesC any update on this?

Melbourne_Moh
Guide
Guide

@JamesC keen to get an update on this. This issue has been going on for a while and going silent without any resolution is not the ideal service experience. My camera has been ineffective during the evenings - for a security product, this is not acceptable, especially when I am being charged for the promised service.

Acilluma
Tutor
Tutor

I have called and talked to 6 or 7 different “representatives” all of which sound like they may be in a call center in another country (I am in the US). None of these representatives are on the same page and none of them know how to handle this issue. One representative told me I’m the first person to call in with this problem. However there’s a whole forum of people who have the same problem. Furthermore, I keep getting told that they will “escalate” the problem because they cannot help me. However, the only thing that is being escalated is my diminishing patience with Arlo. The last email I received from someone on 09/03/22:

“We just want to update you on this case. We already reported this case to the appropriate team and it seems that it is related to a known issue. As of the moment, they are doing an investigation and they are actively working on the fix. We will update you once we receive feedback coming from them.

Thank you for choosing Arlo, have a great day!

regards,

Jesse

Arlo support”

It makes me concerned for privacy and I wonder if Arlo Technology (California based headquarters)  is really aware of this issue that is being intercepted by a group of people (based out of who knows where) who know nothing about the products or issues? I just hope my information is not compromised. With that being said, after 4 years with Arlo and a multitude of referrals, I/we will be looking into different products outside of Arlo.  Hope this helps you! Good luck. 

Melbourne_Moh
Guide
Guide

I am with you @Acilluma. Despite being an Arlo customer over the past 2+ years, I just recommended EUFY to a close friend of mine who is looking for a 5 camera set up as I can no longer recommend Arlo. My patience is running very low at the moment. This is a security product, for which we paid a premium, and continue to pay monthly, without a working product. Arlo team on this forum has been suspiciously quiet too.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is still investigating these reports. I will provide another update as soon as I have more information available to share.

JamesC

mcd123
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also experiencing this same issue. Two floodlights connected via SmartHub. Frustrating because the cameras were working fine until a few weeks ago. 

EriLin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also have the same issue and it is NOT acceptable!
I get the #alert detected message several times each night, and as other has described it, without any associated video. This means that my Arlo system now is usless. 

Arlo, this MUST be corrected ASAP. I do not want to pay for something that does not work.

saforrest19
Tutor
Tutor

I've opened a case on this today.

Receiving a promotional email for Arlo secure stating "Give the bad guys nowhere to hide as the nights get darker" & "You'll only get alerts for real threats thanks to person, animal & vehicle detection" was the straw the broke the proverbial camels' back given my floodlight camera has had to be turned off for over a month now due to the #alert notification issue.

I'll update this thread if/when I get a response.

Melbourne_Moh
Guide
Guide

Looks like my alerts issue has now been resolved. No idea how, guessing Arlo rolled out some update in the background. @JamesC you have any insights? Breathing a sigh of relief and holding my breath. 

Meanwhile, Arlo customer service is asking for screenshot, app details on my case after this being resolved! The irony!!

SeanAshmore
Apprentice
Apprentice

Still happening for me as soon as I turn the floodlight on/off but it's possible that the update hasn't made its way to my yet, assuming that's what has happened.

sia_later
Star
Star

Still happening to me...

Acilluma
Tutor
Tutor

Same. Mine seems to be resolved as of two days ago. 

Daleg44
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still happening to me, no answer yet from CS.

APTANDY
Tutor
Tutor

Still happening to me also

again no response from raising a ticket

Melbourne_Moh
Guide
Guide

Thats no fun!

Looks like my gremlin has died.

Travellingdeon
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for your responses, @james C, but this has been going on for well over a month. It really doesn't give much faith in the development team, if they can't resolve something like this quickly for paying users!

What's worse, is that I was so sick of it happening that I went to take my floodlight down, and it fell and now seems broken. Annoying!

Travellingdeon
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for your responses, @JamesC but this has been going on for well over a month. It really doesn't give much faith in the development team, if they can't resolve something like this quickly for paying users!

What's worse, is that I was so sick of it happening that I went to take my floodlight down, and it fell and now seems broken. Annoying!

Mikeiskool
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also have this problem. I installed my floodlight last week and it was working fine without the #alert notification and today I added a doorbell and interior camera and suddenly I have the issue. Could it have to do with the doorbell? I will also note that when I added these two additional cameras today I had to reset everything (remove all cameras and reset my hub) due to a bug in the reordering of devices (when I reordered my devices the hub disappeared, orphaning all the cameras, very frustrating!). 

Discussion stats