Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Shazbod
Aspirant
Aspirant
Floodlight did work intermittently and then the connection was fully lost. I have bought a WiFi repeater and reset it and worked for 36 hours. Now the connection is totally lost.

Therefore removed the device from the app. I can now not add the device to the app. (Both phone and floodlight set you the same WiFi connection) The app will not sync with the camera (I am not using a base station or hub).
I have tried everything. Any ideas please?
7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like a faulty floodlight. Either swap at the store or use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Shazbod,

Have you factory reset the floodlight before attempting to go through setup again?

To factory reset, press and hold the sync button for 10-15 seconds, allow the camera to reboot and try again.

JamesC

Shazbod
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks James. I did the factory reset and reconnected the camera. However since then it has stopped working twice. Rather than removing and reinstalling the camera in the app and having to do a factory reset again I looked on u tube.
I then tried removing the battery and putting it back in and it reconnected and worked. It then disconnected again and I did the same thing and agin it worked. It is therefore a problem with the battery or the battery connections within the unit itself? What do you think? Thanks Sharon
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Shazbod,

This could be an interference or range issue. How far away from your router is the camera? What does the signal strength indicator show?

JamesC

MakersQuarter
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having the same issue I've tried factory reset but it doesn't like it one bit.... Blue light is on a slow blink... I've bought two of these cameras, one is work but I've had nothing but trouble with this second one... What shall I do?
Shazbod
Aspirant
Aspirant
I called ARLO help team and they replaced the camera for me. This is now my 3rd camera but this ones seems to work correctly. We have had it over a week with no problems.
It was therefore nothing to do with my WiFi it is definitely a problem with the camera software.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MakersQuarter,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation