Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
ehouse11
Tutor
Tutor

Until a few days ago, the microphone feature worked fine. I initially thought I may need an update, so I saw the app did require it so I updated.  I also restarted the base station, restarted my phone, uninstalled & reinstalled the app and the app has permission to use the microphone and it still will not work.  The resources here are useless...no customer service to talk to for help. Everything I've seen on the community indicates all of what I tried.

Anyone with the same issue lately? I have a Samsung Galaxy S7.

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is currently investigating these reports. Once we have more information available on a fix, I will provide an update here on the community.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Thank you for the reports. I've escalated this to the development team and this is currently being investigated. I will provide an update as soon as we have more information.

JamesC

94 REPLIES 94
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the Arlo mobile app is now available in the app store (3.6.5). Please download the latest version from the app store and test your microphone again. If you still experience an issue, please let me know.

JamesC

gioiarioia
Initiate
Initiate
3.6.4 is most recent update in Google Play
Uninstalled and reinstalled without success. Microphone still does not connect.
Cjhutchings87
Aspirant
Aspirant
New version still doesn't work
sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary

3.6.5 isn't available on Google Play Store yet.  It may take overnight for it to show up, not sure what their publish approval schedule looks like, but until it is, don't expect an uninstall re-install to fix anything with the current 3.6.4 version.

trakster55
Guide
Guide
I went to the Play store, selected Arlo Pro 2 in the Search bar. I then selected the Update button.

After that I did a quick test from my Samsung phone and it worked.

Good luck.
Draeday613
Aspirant
Aspirant
I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. It still says version 3.6.4. Android Samsung S10...Arlo pro 2
dobobull
Aspirant
Aspirant
Play store still shows 3.6.4. my app is already at the version. I guess it takes time for the new version to become available?
Thorn
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hgitts
Guide
Guide
Google store still not updated to latest version. Please advise when it will be available.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Hgitts wrote:
Google store still not updated to latest version. Please advise when it will be available.

More up to Google than Arlo.  Some folks have found the update there, others haven't yet.  

Have you tried searching for the app in the play store?  If you do, you might find the update.

jimthao89
Aspirant
Aspirant
I connected phone to wifi internet that is connected to arlo going live on pro 3 camera microphone works. Pro 2 camera microphone doesn't work. No wifi connected none works?
princess19713
Initiate
Initiate
Still no update available in google play!!!!
jmhpetro
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there - I have exactly the same problem that appeared in the last 2 months only. Until then the microphone connection was reliable and so useful. Something has happened recently. I have also downloaded and intaslled the latest Arlo app firmware update as per below - no difference.

Serioo
Guide
Guide
New update..my Arlo is now working with the update
Serioo
Guide
Guide
New update has fixed the mic issues for me
HH2
Aspirant
Aspirant
Upgraded firmware to 3.6.6_28456 wirh Release date 5/19/22 . Microphone is working now.
dobobull
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yesterday, I noticed Arlo had an update in the play store:               version 3.6.6_28456

Nevertheless, I updated the app and tested:                                      mic issue is now resolved!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the update.

pallepaf
Initiate
Initiate
I have updated the app and the mic still won’t work on any of my two Floodlight cameras. It works on my Pro 3 camera though. All cameras are connected via a smarthub.
Cuff_Cake82
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am seeing the same problem I can hear and see but when I select the mic it goes to the new screen and then hangs itself with the loading wheel of death I call it now