Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
ehouse11
Tutor
Tutor

Until a few days ago, the microphone feature worked fine. I initially thought I may need an update, so I saw the app did require it so I updated.  I also restarted the base station, restarted my phone, uninstalled & reinstalled the app and the app has permission to use the microphone and it still will not work.  The resources here are useless...no customer service to talk to for help. Everything I've seen on the community indicates all of what I tried.

Anyone with the same issue lately? I have a Samsung Galaxy S7.

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is currently investigating these reports. Once we have more information available on a fix, I will provide an update here on the community.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Thank you for the reports. I've escalated this to the development team and this is currently being investigated. I will provide an update as soon as we have more information.

JamesC

94 REPLIES 94
Toledori
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any update on this matter? I'm experiencing the same error.
I have Samsung s10. With arlo pro 3, base 4540,and even with my arlo doorbell video. It happens with all my cameras. And I have 5 of them around my house. Everything it's up to date.
Fleonejr
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same issue recently. I have pro, pro 2 and essential cameras. They are all doing it on the android app with Pixel 6.
Davidf769
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having the same issue, and no resolve. None of my microphones work on the cameras, says connection failed for just over a week.
Serioo
Guide
Guide
It would be nice if someone from Arlo would comment with the solution, or rather have us buy Rings, or another brand
Toledori
Aspirant
Aspirant
I come from arlo legacies camera. Upgrade to pro 3 with arlo doorbell 2 weeks ago and added subscription. Something I did not have with legacy camera. And did not need. Now I'm regretting upgrading.
Hgitts
Guide
Guide
JamesC please provide an update.
DEPorco
Aspirant
Aspirant
Without repeating the same things that have been mentioned in this blog, I too have had the same issues for well over a month.
DeeZel123
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have been testing the microphone every day and it appears to be working. The error message still initially appears, I then tap on it again and I can speak through the microphone.
Toledori
Aspirant
Aspirant
It still doesn't work for me. I have tried over and over.
Hgitts
Guide
Guide
Still doesn't work for me either and I've tried over and over again. I have two base stations with two cameras on each base station and neither work
LAGRN
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Arlo Pro 2 was working fine then the same day I attempted again to use my 2 way talk and none of my 4 cameras will connect to talk through cameras. Of course customer service isn't available unless you pay for a subscription for all 4 cameras. Expecting me to pay hundreds of dollars for cameras that don't work then have to pay for a subscription to ask questions about their defective products. I contacted app for support and of course they ghost me also.im wondering if this was deliberately disabled through the app.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LAGRN wrote:
Of course customer service isn't available unless you pay for a subscription for all 4 cameras. 

Not quite. Phone support is available for the account if you have a subscription for any camera.  Though you do need to select the subscribed camera to get access.

@LAGRN wrote:
im wondering if this was deliberately disabled through the app.

No, at least not according to this article:  https://kb.arlo.com/000062312/What-options-will-I-have-when-the-Arlo-trial-ends

Milkman812
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here. Microphone feature stopped working. Using Samsung s21.
Andpalbel
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the same issue. Worked before but now it can't connect. Tried all the things they previous poster indicated.
BJO064i
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes same issue here. About a week ago (2nd May 2022) the mic stopped working on my 2 Arlo Pros. I have installed and re-installed numerous times on my mobile. Turned off the Base Station and re-installed that as well numerous occasions with no luck. I have seen a bunch of other people are having the same issue. Has Arlo come up with a solution yet? It seems to be a problem from their end.

Davidf769
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any updates on the connection failed message we all are receiving when attempting to utilize the microphone? I havent seen a message regarding this issue since 5/3 stating it is under investigation.
Serioo
Guide
Guide
I went and bought a geeni. Works fine. It's an Arlo issue and apparently they don't care there product is being replaced
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is currently investigating these reports. Once we have more information available on a fix, I will provide an update here on the community.

JamesC

trakster55
Guide
Guide

Arlo performed a software app push to all users on 4-22-22, release version 3.6.4_28451.  Since then, users have been reporting this issue with Arlo deciding what to do.  It has been suggested for years (6 yrs.) to have users decide to accept or decline these updates but Arlo is having nothing to do with that.  Hopefully they will rollback to the previous version or fix the mic issue.  Last time Arlo pushed an untested version, the Arlo community was able to find a previous version available to where users were able to rollback to an older app version. 

Rocketdog13
Apprentice
Apprentice

Still no solution to this, what's the point in having mics & speakers if I can't speak to someone in my house through the cameras?

Honestly, it's like the Arlo software engineers deliberately put out the worst thing they can do on purpose, or they are monumentally inept at the job?

-M
Aspirant
Aspirant

My microphone was working on my Arlo from my phone and now it is not.  I reset and did what was needed and nothing is working.  I checked microphone on computer and it is working so not sure why it is always saying connect failed.  I was using it just fine in April 2022 and not it will not work. 

Thanks, 

Michelle

-M
Aspirant
Aspirant

When live streaming, I can hear what is going on, but I can not respond or talk through the microphone.  It works on my computer the microphone, but not on the phone.  It worked in April 2022, but not it just says connect failed and no one can hear me speak. 

trakster55
Guide
Guide
Thanks for the update. I discovered a similar issue when logging on the computer. The mic connection works fine but after I speak, the audio goes mute with an "x" on the audio icon.
Under Settings, there was an update pushed on April 5th.

Let me know if this last issue has been reported. If not, I will, no problem.
Rocketdog13
Apprentice
Apprentice

The easy solution would be to allow end users to roll back to the last known working version of the app software for their mobile device.

But then that would mean Arlo would have to recognise that their updates aren't always working and they won't do that.

If you haven't already noticed Arlo never admit to anything, it's always something being looked at, or the team is investigating or whatever.

Pward1980
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still getting the "connection failed" message and cannot talk through the camera.... is there any eta on a fix?