Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
MSLTX
Guide
Guide

Not sure where to post comments about the web (arlo.netgear.com) Looks like the library section got updated on 2/1. During full screen playback, the big pause icon needs to disappear much quicker. It's blocking first 2 seconds of playback. When I pause the video to get a closer look, the play icon bolcks the middle of the video. Ideally, don't put the play icon and pause icon in the middle of the video at all. 

I do like how some of the info are displayed on screen as well as the dark background during playback.

5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master

What platform are you on? I don't see any pause symbol at all on Win7Pro running Chrome but I definitely appreciate what you're saying about the play symbol. If you pause to inspect the frame, there's a big play icon in a bigger circle right in the middle. I wonder if this should be added to the Ideas Exchange section. I guess the workaround would be a download the clip and view it in VLC but what a pain

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I just tried this using both Firefox and Chrome with W10 and also don't see the problem although this is the second post that has mentioned this issue. Need more details.

kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

I can see the issue in my own library.  If I'm watching a video and decide to pause it, a giant "PLAY" arrow is directly in the center of the screen. It doesn't fade away.  If you are playing a video, it's not there.  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vhaqx73fyi5erz0/Arlo_Play.jpg?dl=0

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MSLTX, kmiller8821

When pausing the video, the Play icon is displayed. I will find out if this is behaving as designed.

JamesC

kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

wrote:

MSLTX, kmiller8821

When pausing the video, the Play icon is displayed. I will find out if this is behaving as designed.

JamesC

@JamesCThanks. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation