Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Skins

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Meinz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Will the Arlo Pro camera skins fit on the new Arlo Pro 2 cameras or will I need to buy new ones if I upgrade to the new cameras?

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Same.

umu66
Aspirant
Aspirant

the skins fit to the Arlo Pro 2, but do not entirely cover the white body - hence do not camouflage all in black. the skins only work with full black camouflage on the Arlo Pro. compare images of Arlo Pro and Arlo Pro 2 and you will see why ... the Arlo Pro 2 has a white case which remains partly visible even after putting the skin on it

VancouverBC
Luminary
Luminary

I hid a camera in a skin mounted in a tree and used black electrical tape to hide the white around the bezel. Can you apply electrical tape to the exposed white parts showing in the slits of the skin? 

iamcrd
Apprentice
Apprentice

The skin without a hood in front should be fine. But the one with hood will cover the cam, i.e protect it same like Arlo Pro. But the hood offers 2 issues.

1) The hood obstructs the field of view on all 4 corners and is visible.

2) The above said issue spoils the night vision by making the IR light to reflect back to the camera.

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

3. They hold dampness/moisture inside the skin.

Stopped using them when I found a camera all wet from moisture, away from rain or snow and in a dry weather day. It must’ve been there for a while, didn’t think that is a good thing for the camera.

Meinz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought the ones with the hood and they are slightly visible and the IR light does wash it out a bit. I still have to go out every day and wipe of the lovely WA rain.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

For all of the above reasons, I hope they release an skin specifically for the Arlo Pro 2 soon

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation