Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

can 2 base stations (in 2 different wifi networks) be included in the same Arlo account?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
dpimenides
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 4 Arlo Pro 2 cameras in my flat, one in each room. All cameras are currently linked to a VMB4000 base station, which is located next to my router. Router and base are connected via an Ethernet cable. The wifi signal is adequate for the 2 cameras near the base but drops at the other end of my flat, where the other 2 cameras are located. Moving the router and base did not help. There is a structural wall in the middle of the flat.

My internet provider (Virgin media) installed a wifi signal booster at the far end of my flat. This increased the strength of the signal adequately but unfortunately operated in a different wifi network than the one of the router.

I am planning to buy another base station and connect it to the booster, in order to support my 2 remote cameras.

Is the VMB4500 significantly better and will it pair with my older base station or should I buy another VMB4000?

Shall I be able to see all 4 cameras through the same Arlo account, as I do now, or will I need to log in and out 2 different Arlo accounts?

Dimitris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I understand that several bases can be on the same account but do all bases need to be supported by the same wifi network?

May I include two bases (linked to two separate wifi networks) in the same Arlo account?

Shall I be able to view all my cameras together, as I do now with one wifi network, even when half the cameras are supported by one network and the rest by another?

Yes... they will all appear, they do NOT need to be on the same network

Remember, that most of the system is cloud based... you don't get video direct from the base , but it goes camera> base > cloud>back to you.... so anywhere the bases can be with all appearing on one account.

* thats why i said 5 bases in 5 differnet states with one cam each... all appear on one account.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The limiting factor on an account is the total number of cameras for your service level.  There is no limit on the number of bases nor their locations...they will all appear on the same account.

Just remember that the phone needs to be on the same network for setup only

You could run 5 bases in diff states with one cam each and still see all on same account for the free level

As to the two bases, just use the cheaper cost one as they are basicly the same...I like the 4000 better

dpimenides
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply.

I understand that several bases can be on the same account but do all bases need to be supported by the same wifi network?

May I include two bases (linked to two separate wifi networks) in the same Arlo account?

Shall I be able to view all my cameras together, as I do now with one wifi network, even when half the cameras are supported by one network and the rest by another?

D

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes... they will all appear, they do NOT need to be on the same network

Remember, that most of the system is cloud based... you don't get video direct from the base , but it goes camera> base > cloud>back to you.... so anywhere the bases can be with all appearing on one account.

* thats why i said 5 bases in 5 differnet states with one cam each... all appear on one account.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation