Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
mkhole
Tutor
Tutor
grand administrative right but can't watch the video.
It's like this since the morning.
What's the problem? Device filter cannot be selected because the device is not visible.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This issue is now resolved, you do not need to take any further action. The recordings should now be accessible in the library for your grant access accounts. 

Regards,

Arlo Team 

View solution in original post

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

The issue has been identified and an update to resolve this will be released soon. I will provide another update as soon as possible. 

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community. You can check the status of this issue here: https://status.arlo.com 

65 REPLIES 65
Lee05carrie
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi
I have essential wire free spotlight cameras. With subscription paid. My friend cannot see recordings in the library. They can watch live view but library is empty. I have removed their access re joined them disconnected wifi reconnected uninstalled and reinstalled app. Any ideas?
Snoofoo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Today all my recordings have disappeared. What happened?
cambaync
Star
Star

I am not the primary Arlo user account holder in our family.  My husband is.  Why you can only have one is another issue for another discussion!  I digress.  We both have the same model iPhone (11), with the latest iOS (15.5).

I am suddenly no longer able to view any content in our Arlo library.  I tried and failed both in the Arlo app and in MyArlo online.  I then logged in using the primary user account (my husband's) on my iPhone and then MyArlo online, and I was able to see all the content recorded in our Arlo library!  This means the problem is not on my end but Arlo's.

The problem seems to be with the Arlo software permissions that are now restricting non-primary user accounts, such as mine, from viewing the library.  

Please fix this problem.

Rallen661
Aspirant
Aspirant
I lost all mine today too. And now it isn't recording anything at all
Noanster
Tutor
Tutor

I’m having a similar issue.  I have my own account for my cameras, but also have shared access to my mothers cameras.  As of this morning, I can no longer see her camera videos in my Library.  All our cameras are older and on the free 7 day storage plan.  I hope Arlo is not biting the hand that feeds them and not allowing to view shared camera videos any more.

Bella123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Me too. I’ve got the notification icon down the bottom but nothing is showing under recordings.

Noanster
Tutor
Tutor

After updating the Arlo app last night, I can no longer view videos from shared cameras in my library.  I see videos from my cameras, but not from shared cameras.

Nuutti
Aspirant
Aspirant
All right, so. Today I went to clear all of my arlo notifications. When I do so, I find out that all of my cameras seem to be offline. I quickly restart my router and check my app again. It seems that that worked. After that I click on to my library it says Something along the lines of “no recordings” and I’m sure that the recording should be there since I have an active subscription with Verisure and have had this system for at least half a year. So what should I do?
Noanster
Tutor
Tutor

Weirdly, I am getting motion notifications from the shared cameras, but just cannot see the videos in the library.

JJS68
Luminary
Luminary

Seeing the same here, no library entries for app or web

something changed since yesterday, as it was working then

Mp521
Initiate
Initiate

Hello there.   My app shows 7700 recordings, locally stored.   My wife’s app shows zero.  She can watch the cameras live,  but recordings don’t appear.    We do not pay for any subscription.    Both apps are up to date.   I even deleted hers and reinstalled, with no luck.   She can’t look at any recordings.  This is only since this morning.  Any ideas?.  I’m out of them.  Thanks.  

Arlo_Fail
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m realizing today just how awful the Arlo app is. The first question this board asks before you post is which model camera you have, and I don’t see that spelled out anywhere in the app. Seems a pretty basic piece of information they should include, since they obviously know. Or if it is there somewhere, call it out. Make it easy to find. But of course nothing on this app is ever easy or functions properly.

Anyway, my wife and I both have the app. I discovered this morning that I cannot view our library, but she still can. For me, It says and shows no recordings despite an alert saying there are 50 to view. Despite me manually recording some (I can view the live feeds just fine). It won’t let me click back to previous days either. Not that they’re empty too, I don’t know. The different days literally aren’t clickable anymore. We’ve never had a subscription, only ever used the free 7 days, which was the entire regrettable reason we chose Arlo. Nothing has changed on our end at all, except that the app went from being confusing and difficult to simply not doing its job.

Any ideas? Pretty frustrating to spends hundreds on cameras, hours on setting them up, and this is what I get.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Several others are reporting this, so they are likely already investigating what went wrong.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Others are reporting similar issues, so I'd just wait for Arlo and not do anything to attempt to resolve it yourself.

AEWB
Aspirant
Aspirant
Suddenly no videos are available in the Library. I get motion notifications but no videos are available. Cameras are all working fine. I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling the app, turning my iPhone off and on, turning the base unit on and off, and doing a reset. Subscription is up to date. No settings were changed before the Library stopped working. Help!
Sum_guy888
Aspirant
Aspirant

Are you saying Arlo does live reporting? or self diagnosis? Because I too am having this problem as my cameras now show that it has no recordings. But I know there were plenty of recordings. I haven't reset it, but I don't think i need to because this has never happened before and there is no links to assist this issue.

cad0914
Aspirant
Aspirant
same issues here also
Sopei
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem today! Only one phone got this problem, and the other could access the library normally.
Samaria
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue for me too!

TSZZZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

similar issue here... my mum uses a secondary account and she is very upset for unable to do home security now...

AEWB
Aspirant
Aspirant
My husband can still get the Library videos on his phone, but I haven’t been able to for hours.
ziffbam
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased a kit that includes a SmartHub and 2 Pro3 cameras 2 months ago.  I am still on my subscription for another month.  When I installed the kit, I created access for my wife as a "friend" account, and she was able to see all of the recordings as well as the live views.  Suddenly this morning, she no longer see the recordings in the library.  What happened and how can I restore this for my wife?

TinaA
Star
Star

Same here. Recordings were not showing up in my iPad only my iPhone. If I look at the cameras individually new recordings are there but not in library tab. 

Jan-from-SC
Aspirant
Aspirant
We are having the same issue today. Can see the library from administrator phone but not from the second one that does have granted access. Says no recordings. Just started today. Reinstalled apps, rebooted base, nothing works.. Anyone find a fix?