Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
gabyaltamirano
Follower
Follower

Hello all. i am writing from mexico and bought my arlo pro 2 system on a trip to the usa. we installed our arlo pro 2 4 cameras but battery literally lasts 7 days. we have them all in "saving mode" even though we are aware we are compromising the quality of the video but still 7 days is what the battery lasts. on the other hand, we bought 1 solar panel to test how it would work but it is not helping at all. camera connected to it has no battery after 5 days smiley sad what are we doing wrong? could you please help? regards from mexico

4 REPLIES 4
Trapperhayes
Tutor
Tutor

The solar panel is junk. I purchased it and it worked for two days and then got errors for charging and have tried everything possible and to no avail. The panel is draining my battery! Returning it. I hope this is not an indication of what the cameras are in store for.

boltentwins
Guide
Guide

Hi, do you have your cameras "armed" all day?  That will cause the battery to drain faster.  I have 14 camers, mixture of Pro, Pro2, Q and Baby.  I also have 4 Arlo brand solar panels on the Pro cameras. Everything works great.  I only set the camers to "armed" 4 hours during the day and 6 hours at night using the Schedule.  I don't get much movement so my batteries last 3 months, down to 40% and them i charge them. The 4 cameras on the solar panel remains in the 90% to 100% range all year long. I wish I have $$$ for more solar panels.  One thing to note, the solar panels are on my Pro cameras.  I would think Pro2 cameras will act the same way.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@Trapperhayes wrote:
The solar panel is junk. I purchased it and it worked for two days and then got errors for charging and have tried everything possible and to no avail. The panel is draining my battery! Returning it. I hope this is not an indication of what the cameras are in store for.

A sample of one is useless. Most solar panel installations are fine although there can be problems with either the panel or the process of installing the connectors.

fisheye7
Apprentice
Apprentice
It could be that your solar panel needs a better position. I moved mine according to the SimplySolar app. The solar panel now charges much stronger.
Secondly try checking the connecting cable from the solar panel to your camera. I found that unless firmly inserted it may not charge properly.
Hope this helps.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation