Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
Steewie1875
Initiate
Initiate

Hello everyone,

Does someone knows what does this orange dot with an exclamation mark mean ?

IMG_8558.JPG

I've got it on my iPhone 7 but not on my iPad Pro... ??? Strange isn't it ?

When I click on the "Live" button, it dissapears and then come again with "stand-by"

Any idea ?

16 REPLIES 16
Neil4688
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same thing the past few days on one of my four cameras. It says it’s the same firmware as my other cameras and there has been no update to it the past few days so I would like to figure this out also.. There was an iOS update for arlo the other day so I’m wondering if that has something to do with it.
Nbisnow
Tutor
Tutor
I also have th orange warning in the bottom right corner on one of my cameras. It is the camera that is not always triggering recording with motion.
Dtalbott
Aspirant
Aspirant
2/3 of my Arlo Pro 2 show the same warning. Started a couple days ago, and not sure what they are for?
steve_t
Master Master
Master

The orange warning icon just says that the Arlo Pro 2 you are using doesn't have AC power and thus CVR cannot work. Have you got a CVR subscription? Or perhaps some zones enabled?

Deeda82
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same orange triangle warning on one of my cameras. I don’t have a CVR subscription and I don’t have any zones set.

The warning just popped up out of the blue and the firmware says it’s up to date.

Why is the warning there? Do I need to reset my base and cameras?
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Other people have said to uninstall the app and reinstall the app and it'll go away

Edouglas01
Aspirant
Aspirant
Remove the arlo app first. Then, reinstall. This helped me with the same issue
Edouglas01
Aspirant
Aspirant
Remove the arlo app from iOS. Reinstall and this should help.
Edouglas01
Aspirant
Aspirant
Remove the arlo iOS app. Then, reinstall the app. This should help.
Edouglas01
Aspirant
Aspirant
Trying deleting the arlo app from iOS and reinstalling. This should help
Edouglas01
Aspirant
Aspirant
This worked for me. Thanks
Steewie1875
Initiate
Initiate

This worked for me too... but I still don’t know the real reason of this bluddy orange dot !

Never mind it’s away!

Skyview114
Guide
Guide
I’ve had the same issue and Arlo’s engineers need more info to a corrective action. I’ve tidied everything. The triangle did go away after deleting and reinstalling the app, but the problem persisted because the triangle came up due to the two talk when trying to speak does not work.. really tired of this after reading the Ring does this but Arlo Pro 2 was supposed to be better..
I was going to buy more cameras, but I think it’s getting returned.
JSHaley
Initiate
Initiate
Spoiler
3BACEF6D-DD4A-4E1C-93AA-248215CD7050.jpeg

There is a persistent alert icon at the bottom right hand side of my camera feed. I found no reference to this in the manual. What information is this icon representing? 
JSHaley
Initiate
Initiate

I found the answer. Delete and reinstall the Arlo app. This problem goes away. What is going on at Arlo? I’ve spent too much money (4 cameras) to have to deal with this foolishness from Arlo.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Is anyone still experiencing this behavior? As mentioned above, this icon will display if you have CVR or Activity Zones enabled on your Pro 2 while the camera is not plugged in. The purpose of the icon is to indicate that these features will not work unless your camera is plugged in.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation