Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
b1o3o
Apprentice
Apprentice

1. I will get a notification in the app, but once I go to the library there’s no video

2. Sometimes there will be video, I’ll watch it but minutes later, they’re gone

3. Highlighted day is only TODAY. Although the dates scroll, I can’t select any othern day. So I don’t know if the videos from the past 7 days ares till there.

40 REPLIES 40
imagiop
Star
Star

I have missing videos as well. I get a notification and there is no video in my library for one of my cameras. I know the camera is connected to Arlo servers because I am getting person notifications. This is a bug in the Arlo system. This needs to be fixed immediately and permanently. What good is a security camera that doesn't record anything? Absolutely unacceptable.

b1o3o
Apprentice
Apprentice

I was actually interested in upgrading my service. But the fact that they can’t even get their free service right, then I dunno

imagiop
Star
Star

Yeah I am paying for arlo smart and CVR. I just noticed yesterday after getting a suspicious notification that it didn't record to the library and it hasn't be recording anything to the CVR, totally blank. I'm pretty angry that the system failed me and that I'm paying for something that I'm not getting.

dryoho
Star
Star

I posted same issue on earlier thread.

“System worked fine until about 2 weeks ago. While out of town I received push notifications for motion detected. However, the iPhone app Library did not have any recordings. I also did not receive email notification as programmed. The live feed is functional. I called “support” and was told there was a system wide issue that was being addressed by “engineers.” There was no estimate on fix time. In the meantime, affected systems will not have access to any recordings for motion detected. In other words, your overpriced camera system is essentially useless. Anyone else have any information from “support”?”

b1o3o
Apprentice
Apprentice
Anyone solved this? I’ve already missed my RETURNS deadline from Best Buy so I’m stuck wirh this setup that doesn’t let you record anything. Only good for LIVE VIEWING.

Should’ve gotten a RING system
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

b1o3o,

Are you experiencing this from all devices (if you log in using a different device, pc/android or iOS mobile device)?

One thing to note is library content will not arrive until a recording is finished. Push notifications occur immediately upon motion detection but the recording will not show up in the library until the duration of the recording is complete. Does the content never arrive?

JamesC

dryoho
Star
Star

In my case, after notification, the videos NEVER appear in library. This was the case with all my iOS devices, whether on WiFi or phone based internet. Unable to view ANY videos logging into my account on Arlo.com site using either native iOS browser or Chrome. In fact, although I can log into Arlo.com and view my account, my service plan, etc, the “videos” portal link has error messages for both browsers and will not open videos portal at all. I was able to open videos portal on desktop Win 10 Edge but missing videos not there, just as they aren’t there on iOS app. Although videos have been missing, the live view works just fine. Interestingly, I am intermittently now receiving some videos but not others. According to my conversation with “support” and after consultation with “supervisors” I was told this is a KNOWN ISSUE and engineers were working on it. If this is a KNOWN ISSUE, why isn’t Netgear/Arlo just letting us know what is going on instead of keeping the issue double top secret. My experience rolls me that “Support” is totally clueless and has absolutely no idea about what is going on or how to fix it.  The Arlo system is fatally flawed beyond fix. 

imagiop
Star
Star

Luckily I had 1 day left on the return window for my Arlo Pro 2 system. I advise anybody else who can to return the system and buy something else. Support literally told me that engineering would NOT look into my issue because "it is not a known issue". They don't care that their system is unstable and fails randomly and silently. You cannot trust Arlo with your security.

b1o3o
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have the app on my iPhone and iPad. Same problem in both devices. And even if I wait awhile for the recording to finish, I still don’t see any videos. There’s nothing there!
b1o3o
Apprentice
Apprentice
This is a KNOWN ISSUE. There’s already a couple of thread in this community discussing this problem, or something similar.

A simple re-programming will fix this. I have 3 Kuna devices and never had this problem. If Netgear is gonna keep ignoring this problem while still charging people for a service that doesn’t work then I’m sure someone will file clas action..

I would love to love this device. But without a functioning recording service, then this “security” cam is pointless!
b1o3o
Apprentice
Apprentice

This morning (Aug. 22nd),  I unplugged the base station, kept it off for 5 minutes and plug again. And lo and behold, my Arlo started working the way it’s supposed to be! Yes! So I put it in the test the whole day.  I have 4 cameras and I triggered them a good 20 or so times the whole day. And they all recorded, and viewable in the library. Woo how!!!! Problem solved, thread closed!

Until the clock strikes midnight.

12:20am. I checked the library and all but 4 video files are gone. Deleted. No where to be found. And the 4 files are the first 4 files of the day. Well. So much for problem solved. Let’s see what tomorrow brings.

I still would rather get rid of these set up. 

bubdog
Apprentice
Apprentice

I just got a new Arlo Pro 2 four camera system and immediately upgraded my service to Smart Elite with CVR. One of my cameras stopped detecting motion entirely until I unplugged it and removed the battery and reset the base station. Now notifications are coming in very slowly (30+ seconds after motion/person) and it is missing very obvious people in the detection. This is only hours after setting up my new system. This thread has me worried that Arlo is not reliable. Is this perhaps a temoprary issue or has this been going on a long time? Will Arlo fix it soon? 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bubdog,

Given the number of issues you seem to be experiencing, I recommend opening a support case with the Arlo Support Team to further investigate the issue.

You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link: Arlo Support Team

JamesC

bubdog
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JamesC I have already done so for one issue but I am having so many! It takes over an hour to go through all of support's questions before they will elevate a case. I don't have time to do it for the multiple things going wrong right now. Here is a list:

1. Camera fails silently and randomly for hours at a time. Shows up as online in devices tab but is not recording events or cvr and cannot view live view.

2. Push notifications take 30+ seconds to be delivered (I have case #40387020 for this)

3. Recordings in library are corrupted, cannot tell what is going on

4. When CVR timeline gets to an event it skips to live view. Cannot view event footage in CVR.

5. Audio missing from library recordings (seems related to the corruption)

There are probably a few others I am forgetting. I have taken lots of troubleshooting steps including ruling out network/internet issues and un-pairing, factory resetting, and re-pairing my entire system. How do I go about creating cases for all of these issues?

Wallyha
Initiate
Initiate

I just want to add my name to the ever-growing list of those having this issue. I am experiencing the same exact issue.

• Camera works fine in live mode
  • Camera appears to sense motion
  • Notification received on mobile app
  • Nothing (or random) in library

I did confirm that I'm having the same results on the mobile app or on the PC.

This appears to have started (for me) within the last week. (9/2/18)

What is the purpose of having security cameras if the videos can't be viewed?

b1o3o
Apprentice
Apprentice

I hear you man.

if you can still return your system, hesitate no more and return it ASAP. I missed my Best Buy return date for my system and stuck with an $800 set-up. I just have to deal with Arlo’s glitches and frequent failures. Oh how I love to just return this straight to Netgear and get my money back.

bdrummond
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo Pro did not show videos in library on my Android until several days later.... not good if there's a burglary in progress! Why??? Did not have access to pc or laptop during that travel.

Also, fully charged Arlo Pro 3 weeks ago; today the battery is down to 18%.

What gives? I was just about to recommend Arlo to a friend, now I don't think so. If I can't rely on Arlo, I will have to rethink our security.
trastephenson
Tutor
Tutor

Just set up my 2 camera system a few days ago.  Works about 50% of the time with recording videos.  Both cameras have the sensitivity up to 100%.  I will get a notification for both people or motion and even a screen shot of it.  But no videos turn up when checked in the app or on the website.  Even hours after the notification the video never appears.  Will definately be returning this if it is not fixed.  There is no reason for the system to notify me even with a screen shot but not have the video.  Am going to add a usb flash drive to test if it will record the video to it and somehow it is just not uploading to their cloud.  Very dissappointed in a great security system...in theory!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

trastephenson,

Have you tried rebooting your base station and manually test again to see if the problem persists? 

SandiW
Initiate
Initiate

Yesterday it was working fine.  Today I get a push there is motion with a number in the red bubble.  When I tap the  Library it says " No recordings".  Help!  Nothing different was done & all the settings are the same.

trastephenson
Tutor
Tutor
I have rebooted it multiple times. Even went to default settings. Now the cameras are love but I am not even getting notifications let alone any videos in the cloud. What else can I do?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There was a serveer problem yesterday that may have affected you:

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Announcements/RESOLVED-Partial-Outage-affecting-library-recordings-and...

Check the Announcement section here when having a problem suddenly.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

SandiW,

Have you tried to reboot your base station? What devices are you experiencing this with?

trastephenson
Tutor
Tutor

Have reset the base station multiple times.  It has gone back from not working at all to only about 50% of the time. Checked my internet connection am getting 300mbps download 200mbps upload.  If this keeps up I am going to have to return it due to unreliability.    

Discussion stats