Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Bear proofing

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
GScullin
Aspirant
Aspirant

So how does one bear proof an Arlo Camera -  Had them mounted high but a bear got two cameras in two weeks.  He likes to eat them -  all that is left is the mounting and the back casing.   I suspect the camera emits a sound they hear and don't like.   Any suggestions for protecting the camera.  

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

An IFTTT trigger to release bear spray?  🙂  All you can do is either make the cameras harder to get to or less apealing. I seriously doubt it's a sound but the white case may catch their eye. Have you considered skins for them?

GScullin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not the white color - the camera had silicone skins - black.  The bear peeled those off  very neatly no damage.  One theft was at night, one during the day so I would rule out light.   Bears have very sensitive hearing and there may be a frequency that is emitted when it detects motion that irritates the bear.   I have thought of the spray - will need to be creative with mouting, location, height.   It will be interesting

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using the magnetic mounts or an outdoor screw-on type? The latter may be useful, esecially if you add a security tether to the screw for the camera.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation