Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Just a heads up with the latest base firmware push by arlo.

All my operational settings have been corrupted that relate to modes, rules and schedules.

Looks like a complete rebuild will be required.

Good luck to all.
153 REPLIES 153
silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Yup I have had about enough with Arlo you would think the new CEO would jump in and make changes to there software and tech employees cause its evident they don't know what there doing. They don't test new firmware before rolling out? And were are the employees that responded to this site there never around when stuff like this happens.

I have 2 base stations 1 for the front of the house and 1 for the rear and the modes for the rear base are the same as before but the front base has different style modes and I had to redo them for the front base as I lost those, both bases have the new screwed up firmware WTF is up with that?  GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER ARLO I have almost 2 grand tied up in this system and iam pissed. ARE YOU READING THIS MISTER CEO AND ARLO EMPLOYEES ON THIS SITE? No your not and you will not respond.

Video quality has really gone down the tubes then before and now signal strength has dropped.

My brother-in-law whats to get the same system I have and I flat out told him don't get it do to these constant issues, no I didn't make this up cause iam pissed its true.

Jpure_0
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem for me as well... you think they would have this fixed within 24hrs of what seems to be a large scale problem. Seems like Arlo is going down hill....
Xichlo
Luminary
Luminary

the system when it works is the best "Self Monitor" free system out there, paid subscribe is useless. My question is why so many different problems with different people on this Update? I see maybe what the  "UpDate" Purpose was designed for, reduce Cam transmitt power for longer battery life. The elimination of the "Add device" button in the rules make linking a pain and as yet have not figured out why no linking to turn on Spot Lights. I was involved with the Dept Heads in the Solar Panel Firmware fix, talked to them on Conference calls to Identify Problems and Report on Firmware fix results. I've had a few Hiccups in the system since then, but all "Self Fixed" with in hours. Tomrrow should be interesting, when full staff gets in for work.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

The Android app is working for me, so I think they've resolved it. 

If you are still using the netgear app, you should uninstall it and install the new arlo one (released last week).

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

I think they really should avoid pushing new firmware right before a holiday weekend (which I'm sure does limit their US support staff).

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is investigating the reports of the issues being discussed here and working hard on a solution. I will provide an update as soon as we have more informtion to share.

JamesC

DaveO6
Star
Star

I agree the Arlo system is a very good system and until the recent issues I would not have hesistated to reccomend it. But and it is a big but the Firmware was awful...if this had happened in the UK with Bank software it would be all over the press and if the same applied to this awful rollout the Arlo product would be DEAD!

The true test of a Company is when things go wrong they react quickly to resolve the issues and if necessary to compensate Customers, e.g. refund those poor souls who pay for services that are not working. Netgear have failed to do this. 

Arlo is a security product which the Customers rely upon to protect their houses. A reckless update has rendered these systems inoperative. It is fortunate I am hot on holiday or the implications would have been far worse. Netgear need to understand that Customers rely on their products and if they are unreliable they will lose their income from this product line and others as disgruntled Customers go elsewhere...and with the impact of Social Media they may find other Customers start to avoid buying Arlo and all other Netgear products. Any Company who does not understand this is going to find it self dead quickly. 

Netgear need to fix these issues immediatlely and the fact that there are no staff around until Monday to deal with this mess (according to your post) simply makes matter worse as it means Netgear do not and are not taking Customer Support seriously. If this was my Organisation we would have pulled people in over the weekend to deal with the problem.

DaveO6
Star
Star

I forgot to add. My Base Station has lost connectivity with the Cameras again! 

I basically have no Security system in place now until Netgear resolve. Little point trying to do a clean install until the Firmware issues are rectified. The Support team are clueless as the problems but there are plenty of them looking at the Forums and I agree with what most people are saying. Rollback the Firmware update although that assumes the Developers are able to do that...depends how professional they are. Based on the lack of testing that has gone into this I would have to question that.

Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary
Here’s your solution...

ROLL BACK THE FIRMWARE TO THE PREVIOUS VERSION

This would be a good start to get things at least working again....
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team has released a fix on the back end that should resolve the modes issues some users were experiencing.

Please close and relaunch your mobile app and test again to see if you experience the same issue.

JamesC

(marking solved to float this answer to the top of the thread, please let us know here if you still have issues)

cbaileyuk
Apprentice
Apprentice
What on earth is the "Netgear app"?

The latest Android app is still heavily broken .
cbaileyuk
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yes fixed here now James. Another wonderful Arlo adventure. Better than league of legends this thing is. More challenging.
Jtxnet
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank you James C. for the update.  It is appreciated.   My goal is here is not to pick on the messenger, but to document for your escalation to management.

While just now indeed I noticed that due to whatever backend update was made I can now go into my modes and once again “add device” to allow smart integrations camera to camera, camera to light, etc., however, I do not think this partial fix warrants a “solved” yet.

Specifically:

- our modes with integrations were wiped out as a result of this botched firmware update out and it now appears we must now recreate all of them . . .hours of work ahead for each of us when all was just fine before.  

1)Are we all supposed to have to go through that because of this botched update?  

2) What steps are being assured to assure better testing before release?   In other words can we be assured the effort we will now all put in to get our systems working properly again will not be wiped out once again?  Including going into a holiday (for the US) weekend!!!!

3) Any thought of even an apology from Arlo?  

- the signal strength indicators remain all at the same clearly bogus “two bars” level

secaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Third firmware update pushed out in as many days - seriously?  Is Arlo's QA staff THAT deficient?

Perhaps, but it's much more probable that Arlo takes the lazy route.  Push out firmware, no matter HOW buggy, and then wait for their customers (read GUINEA PIGS) to point out the issues...

Third firmware update blew out some of my rules... again... thanks Arlo...

TW35601
Guide
Guide
James your guys couldn’t fix a kitty car let alone write code please just admit these are not the original programmers that wrote the original programming my nine-year-old can write code better than the guys you’ve got working for you now.. part of the update was supposed to address the smoke detector and all other audio feature what actually ended up happening was it deactivated motion on every device and activated audio only and then that jumble of code created multiple other issues Arlo is un safe and unreliable fourth time this year with an update,!two times last year,!one time in 2016 if you can’t afford to keep the people that wrote the original programming at least hire competent individuals it’s sad that netgear‘s customer support is notorious for over a decade for being non-user-friendly just fix the problem and part of it is A Personnel problem what is netgear and arlo expectation for these individuals nothing. And yes I am a paying customer premium subscription but you manage to screw that one up to with an update I’ve been wearing you out all day on social media and any place that has reviews for Arlo best hope result is what happened with Procter & Gamble and Tide just fix the problem quit bs and fix it you guys have already taken away features that were standards when I started using it five years ago I had features that people now have to pay for our no longer exist it’s sad
TW35601
Guide
Guide
Also James quit marking threads as resolved when it’s an ongoing issue all the way back to 2016 and the company could at least upgrade their status screen to reflect that they have an issue unsafe and unreliable can everyone please say hello ring!!!!! PS if my employees screwed up like you guys do I’d be firing one a day I promise you I could fine cause poor job performance till the message hit home
DoNotBuyArlo
Star
Star

Whoever deleted my post "I Had Enough of this Crap Arlo 2", curse you!!! I have the right to be pissed because I am a paying customer (with Smart Subscription) and with big time screw up from the recent firmware update, I am entitled to say my sentiments.

You incompetent people from Arlo, you all deserve to lose your jobs. You are endangering peoples' lives and properties.

Here in Australia, I will push towards ACCC to issue product recall across the country. Arlo should cease operation immediately.

mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JamesC Issue is not fixed. Armed mode is still messed up, WiFi strength reported is totally wrong, video quality is junk and all my cameras are set to record 30 seconds yet I'm seeing 27 and 29 second clips. 

Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary

@JamesC

I am seeing most things are back to normal now. The only issue that doesn’t seem back to normal that I can find right now is that in the doorbell settings there is no “pencil” image to adjust the “motion triggered alerts” under the “motion settings”.

Other than that, it’s all back to where the system was a few days ago. Just need to keep working away at my list of other issues that I have already submitted to arlo support.

Also, does this mean the USB drive issue is resolved now? Or should I be unplugging it again?
Locutus73
Apprentice
Apprentice

All problems I observed, except the Wi-Fi signal reported uncorrectly and unreliable cloud activity zones, seem resolved now.

Thank you.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@DoNotBuyArlo wrote:

Whoever deleted my post "I Had Enough of this Crap Arlo 2", curse you!!!

You mean this message?

Solved: I Had Enough of this Crap Arlo Pro 2 - Page 4 - Arlo Communities

You seem to have a problem with how to use this place. No one has deleted that message. Maybe you meant something else.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
DaveO6
Star
Star

Still have problems. System was active but not detecting motion. Now I have just lost 2 cameras out of 3. And having clicked on live view I have just lost camera 3. Base now shows Connectivity to Cameras as no longer available as usual, i.e. 3rd LED has gone from Green to Blank.

So, nothing has changed. Still have a security system that is about as useful as a chocolate teapot! 

Locutus73
Apprentice
Apprentice

ArloStatus.png

I'd say labeling 31th of August and 1st of September as "No incidents reported" in https://status.arlo.com/ doesn't describe the actual situation...

Regards.

NewfieDrool
Luminary
Luminary

I’m still getting motion detection issues. I’ve adjusted motion detection down to 3 yet it still picks up cars about 25ft away but does not detect my van when I leave or park it back on the drive that’s just 7ft from the camera. 

Perhaps I’ll try removing the camera and setting it back up.

I can only think it’s a firmware issue.

Locutus73
Apprentice
Apprentice

@StephenB  ha scritto:

I think they really should avoid pushing new firmware right before a holiday weekend (which I'm sure does limit their US support staff).

In my very small software company we religiously follow the golden rule of "no updates after Wednesday"...

Thursday and Friday are reserved for solving potential problems... just in case.

Regards.