Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB4000 won't connect to internet, even after reset. Used to work at other house. Tried power cycle.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
hdvideo
Aspirant
Aspirant

My VMB4000 won't connect to the internet. It worked at our old house (which had a different router.)

When I connected it to my Synology RT2600AC, it stopped working.

I've done several power cycles of the VMB4000, and finally did a reset with a paper clip.

The power light is solid green, the internet light is off, and the camera led is solid orange.
Trying to add the base station with the Android app or via a browser fails.

I can't even use the iOS app since when I try to select the router to add the app just reloads the same page without any selection.

I don't see the VMB4000 when I look at the DHCP clients of the router.

Please advise. 
Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Not much of an answer, but it sounds like its a router issue. ( since it worked on a diff router )

Not going to get anywhere if the router doesn't see it.

Can you set the router it factory defaults ( reset ) ?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Internet LED being off means the base isn't connected to the router. Check both ends of the cable to verify they're fully plugged in. Use a different cable if needed. Otherwise, as Tommac mentions, it sounds like something about the router - MAC address filtering in place? Check the router settings - maybe a reset of the router will be needed.

NBH13
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same problem, which came out of nowhere because I didn't change Router or Internet 
Service Provider. (ISP)

I talked to Arlo custormer Support. He said it has something to do with port 443, 80, & 123 being closed. 

You can check your port by googling.

If they are closed, then you need to call your ISP and ask them to open the port.

Good luck!

P.S: Lemme know how it go

hdvideo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for suggestion, but I can't set them back to factory settings without losing my service entirely.
The settings are almost as they were from the factory, I had to make a few slight changes in order for the router to work with Centurylink, but they had nothing to do with closing ports.

hdvideo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks.
I've checked both ends of the cable and they are secure. I also tried another cable.
I've not added any MAC address filtering and I don't see any in the router control interface.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation